Find
Notify
Tools

Best range finding binoculars?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all,
I want to buy the best high-end range finding binoculars for hunting. I am not up to date on them at all. Can you make a recommendation/suggestion for me?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Brian Gallup

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I consider the top two the newest models from Swaro and Leica. I'd try and put your hands on both and see what seems the best fit for you. I've been using Geovids for years and been very happy with them.

Posts: 548 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Leica!

No question on anything better!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
handwork and Saeed, Thanks for your advice. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leicas for sure. Don't go too high on power though, or it's hard to keep the small "aiming box" on the target.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Personally, I like now "pure binocular" + separate rangefinder more, but it was not a question.

I use rangefinder in the conjunction with Kestrel Ballistic Computer (Terrapin X + Kestrel 5700X). So if you plan to use it with Kestrel, now or in the future, check if there is not an compatibility issue with BT connection between those devices. It is the reason I didn't bought Leica with integrated rangefinder in the past (problems with BT linking to Kestrels).

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have two pairs of Leica range finding binos and one pair of range finding Swarovski's. All three are 10X42's. Both brands have been excellent for me in use all over the world. To me, it's "6 of one, half dozen of the other". That's been my personal experience. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use enough Gun. Thanks for the advice. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jiri, Interesting. I agree with you.

This is gift for my oldest son.
We have come to agree with the brand name recommendations that you posters have given us. For me I would get two separate units, Bino and rangefinder like you say.

Today my son came to the same conclusion and will use two separate units.

We will still gratefully take and use the generous advice on brand names that posters have give us on this thread.
Thanks so much to you all. Brian Gallup

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Rangefinder I can recommend is Terrapin X. I have this unit and it is great.

https://www.terrapin-x.com/

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I have two pairs of Leica range finding binos and one pair of range finding Swarovski's. All three are 10X42's. Both brands have been excellent for me in use all over the world. To me, it's "6 of one, half dozen of the other". That's been my personal experience. Big Grin

This^^^^^^^^^

I am not getting rid of my Leica Range finding binos (15X and 10's) anytime soon. Could not be happier with them.

You ought to check out the latest range finding bino's from Leica. They are amazing!

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im good with a set of Leica 8x32 I can hold still while glassing, I have never seen the need for range finders, I have one and never used it, I hate packing junk all day long, just a gun and and some chewing gum gets me by and dehydrated all to hell most of thetime, but I make back to camp most of the time, I have not walked good for the last 10 years, got some kind of decease in my legs so I glass a lot it seems plus I have a permit to hunt from a vehicle in Idaho anyway..For spotting game bedded powerful optics is your worst enemy I have found. 7X and 8X is best..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote