New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lightweight bases/rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for a lightweight setup for a REM CDL in 35 Whelen. Scope is a Leupold 2.5x8x36. I looked at the Talley setup and they are hell for stout but REALLY ugly. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since looks seem to be your deciding factor you should prbably pick ones that visually appeal to you, since everyone’s definition of “ugly†is going to be different.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The deciding factors are lightweight,stoutness and sleek good looks would be nice, I have a set of S&K sculptured rings and bases. They look good and are really strong, but they are much heavier that the Talley setup.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only set-up that I know of that looks like the S&K’s is Conetrol and they too are made of steel so probably weigh about the same as what you already have.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Warne bases and Leupold PRW's are reasonably light, look pretty good, not too expensive, and hell for strong. IMHO.