New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kahles Helia Super S2S
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Kahles Helia for sale in the Classified section of the AR forum. Finish is somewhat worn, but optically and mechanically it appears perfect. Don't know what it is worth, so am taking offers.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I take it that it's 2.5x, SC.

Stroebel valued them at $300-$600 in 2008.

The old reticle-movement Kahles scopes have fields of view (this one 57.2 feet) and toughness not seen now, esp. in such neat packages. Were I the other side of the pond, I'd make you an offer.

Posts: 4915 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
I take it that it's 2.5x, SC.

Stroebel valued them at $300-$600 in 2008.

The old reticle-movement Kahles scopes have fields of view (this one 57.2 feet) and toughness not seen now, esp. in such neat packages. Were I the other side of the pond, I'd make you an offer.

One of our long-time members from Nebraska sent me a nice offer and the scope is on its way to him. Will be interested to see what his feedback is.

In the same deal with this scope I got a Pecar 2.75 with a 22mm tube, and as a bonus it was equipped with Sako rings. This made it a perfect match for an older European version Sako L46 in my safe which was waiting for the right scope to come along.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I hope your Pecar turns out better than the little one I've got, Stonecreek. The time will be right for your Sako but Pecar took a while to get their act together.

Posts: 4915 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
As it happens, Stonecreek, I've just bought one of those little S2 Kahles scopes. I'm going to put it on my old sporterised Greek MS. I managed to get it for 400 South-Pacific Pesos, maybe $US280.