New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Signature Select 1,5-6x
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would be interested in any experiences with the riflescope in question.

I bought one in September, mounted it on a .375 H&H with Warne QD mounts, sighted it in (8 shots), removed the rifle's stock for a bit of maintenance, and put the whole business back together again last week. A day or so later at the shooting range, the rifle was spraying its bullets all over the target, and I mean ALL OVER the target. Adjustments to the turrets made no discernible difference to the point of impact at all. All the screws were tight, same ammo I've been using for years, rifle groups perfectly with the open sights. After 18 shots I gave up in disgust.

When I got home I removed the scope and found that the top turret would adjust in one direction but not in another. The other turret was so loose that it could be adjusted with hardly any pressure at all. Clearly, something when completely haywire with the telescope. Considering
the scope's age and the minimal use it's been subjected to (not to mention its cost over here in Africa), I'm less than pleased.

I will be returning the scope to the dealer early in January. I will also tell him that I want it replaced with a Leupold 1,75-6. NEVER again a Burris telescope for me. By the way, I used a Fullfield II 3-9 a few years ago that had to be returned to the factory as well. Perhaps I should have taken the hint then.

Was this bad luck on my part (very possible) or are Burris products to be avoided like the plague (which I will do anyhow from now on)?

Posts: 390 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had one mounted on my Mauser M03 in 375. Shot for a year with my 375 barrel. Scope and mount was my backup in Zim in September. Since the trip, I have remounted it on another rifle in 416 Remington with no problems, probably 75 rounds in this current setup.

Perhaps you had bad luck with yours.

Posts: 395 | Location: West Coast | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote