THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Optic recommendations for lever action Marlin 1895 in 45-70 Govt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optic recommendations for lever action Marlin 1895 in 45-70 Govt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I started a discussion on the lever action subforum that is primarily an optics topic.

Now I am hoping to get a little more exposure on the question here on the optics subforum.

If you are interested, do you mind having a look here?

Opinions welcomed!

http://forums.accuratereloadin...221003232#7221003232

Thanks!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Considering virtually everything has a centred reticle now, I guess you should follow Atkinson's advice. I wouldn't be so quick to celebrate that centred reticle, though (Ray, if you're watching): that's what makes your scopes rattle.

Maybe you should buy two of the same model and sight them both in. If one gives trouble out on the range you can swap it over. Then you'll still have a scope while waiting for the maker to send you a new one Smiler

Posts: 4926 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sightron S1 scope on a rifle that I bought off a friend that he had taken off his 45/70 Marlin lever rifle and it never shook loose at all, even with the heavy bullets that packed a wallop of recoil.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1186 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote