New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leitz binocular from the 1960s
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When I was a kid in high school, I blew the bank roll and bought a Leitz (made by Leica) Trinovid® 6x24 binocular for the Cardinals versus Cleveland Browns NFL game in St. Louis - to watch the finest running back of that generation, Mr. Jim Brown. When I no longer had the inclination to give the Bidwells - Cardinal owners at that time - any money, I sold the binocular.

Two generations later I seek this binocular again, specifically the version having rubber eye cups because I remember the binocular was also available with [harder] adjustable eye cups. I don't believe these eye cups will allow my "coke bottle" spectacles to get close enough to the ocular lenses for me to use them effectively.

At my age with my eye sight the more primitive lens coatings will not be a liability.

If anyone has this binocular or knows of one, I will appreciate an opportunity to buy it.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naph, unless you want them purely for nostalgic reasons, there have been many advances in optical technology over the years since those were made, resulting in much better glass. Get a current Trinovid and soldier on!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one. I would sell it for $250 plus $15 shipping. New rubber eye cups needed. Comes with correct removable strap in a Zeiss case. If interested send me via PM your cell # or e-mail address.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.
quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
I have one. I would sell it for $250 plus $15 shipping. New rubber eye cups needed. Comes with correct removable strap in a Zeiss case. If interested send me via PM your cell # or e-mail address.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pictures sent to your e-mail address.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote