New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer BDX
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Interested in trying this system with a 300 Blackout shooting 240 grain Sierras subsonic, anyone have any experience with it ?
With a 100 yd zero it drops about 100” in 300 yds.
I have a turret now and can hit a pie plate at 300 yds consistently, but it’s a little tough to use at last light in the evenings, just seeing if anyone has first hand experience with this platform with the amount of elevation change that I have ?

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I thought about getting one of the Sig Sauer BDX scopes for my recently purchased 7mmWSM to make into a long range rig for shooting tahr however based on the price which seems relatively cheap for the BDX set-up and reading some reviews, the optics quality may not be there compared to say a Leupold VX5-HD etc.
Some report the colour phasing is not so good in the Sig Sauer's.

I was looking through a Leupold VX5-HD scope at the shooting range at the weekend and it was certainly a brilliant piece of optics. I'm leaning to go this way rather than a Sig Sauer although I have not had a chance to look at them as my local agent doesn't have them in stock.

Posts: 3826 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the Sig Sauer combo , I think it’s BDX 2.0, with the additional range finder, it’s synced to the scope and puts an illuminated dot in the reticle for hold over after your plug in the ballistics with a smart phone ?
I’d like to try it with the 300 Blackout, which has tremendous drop in subsonic.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webster:
Have you looked at the Sig Sauer combo , I think it’s BDX 2.0, with the additional range finder, it’s synced to the scope and puts an illuminated dot in the reticle for hold over after your plug in the ballistics with a smart phone ?
I’d like to try it with the 300 Blackout, which has tremendous drop in subsonic.

Yes that is what I was interested in, scope and rangefinder setup using app on mobile and ballistic data.
After looking through the VX5-HD scope I think pretty much sold on the Leupold BDS system using the higher end scope and rangefinder.

Has been a few of the Sig Sauer BDX combo units up for sale on our national auction site, near new but going at discount prices. I just wonder why owners are flicking them off. Need to have a look at a unit.

Posts: 3826 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote