THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Anyone knows how to calculate the "factor" for the Swarovski TDS-4 reticle?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone knows how to calculate the "factor" for the Swarovski TDS-4 reticle?
 Login/Join

Picture of Arvid
posted
I just bought a Swarovski 4-12X50 for my Varmint Rifle. The optics are awesone and I want to use all features of the TDS-4 reticle. Though I didn't get any manual describing how to get/calculate the correct "factor" for the supplied trajectory stickers. The importer seems to not know much about it either.
Anyone knows?

Posts: 9 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arvid, It couldn't be much easier.

1. Sight in your rifle dead on at 200yds.
2. Shoot your sighted in rifle at 300yds.
3. Your drop in inches at 300yds is your TDS factor, i.e. if your shots are 7 inches low at 300yds you have a TDS factor of 7.

.........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Arvid
posted Hide Post
Hej. Thanks a lot
That was quick.
So it should be at 200 yards to start with?
Will it work the same way if I sight it in at 100 yards dead on?
Where did you read/learn this?
Regards/Arvid

one of us
posted Hide Post
To determine the TDS factor you have to sight in at 200yds and check the drop at 300.
With some factors you later sight in at 100yds and then the range bars are then 200,300,400 and 500yds etc.
The source is one of the TDS manuals that came with one of my TDS scopes - I have several............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Arvid
posted Hide Post
Hej again
Now I got it. I just checked one of my pet loads with a 150Gr bullet and ran the data in Quickload/Quicktarget and I got the "factor" 7,64 for that one. I used the 200 yard dead zero as you said.
Peice of cake!
Can you live without one of your manuals? I pay of course for it? If so, you maybe can send it to an adress in Virginia, I will be there in two weeks.
Regards/Arvid