Find
Notify
Tools

Good scope match for a Kimber 84M in 7-08
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted
I am thinking Nikon 2-7x33 or 3-9x40 or a Leupold 2.5-8x36. Anyone have any opinions on this ? It will be a carry gun for the most part but may also be used in a shooting house in lowlight situations. Thanks

Working on my ISIS strategy....FORE

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Leupold VXII 2-7x33 om my 8400 7WSM and like it.

Jim

Posts: 156 | Location: Brush Prairie, Washington | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Whatever floats your boat. The 7mm-08 is my go to rifle for big game hunting here is Texas. I have always used 3-9x40/42's on mine.

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I have a Leupold 2.5-8 Vari X III on an 84M in
7-08. I used it for antelope last year (04). It was plenty of scope and it fits the rifle perfectly. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
My Kimber 84M in 7-08 wears a Leupold 3-9x33 Ultra Light, the finish on the scope matches the rifle perfect and the size of the scope looks great on the rifle too, at least to me.

Steve E..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on using Talley 1piece rings on this combination..I ordered them and they don't exactly match up with the finish but boy are they ever light.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put a Nikon 2x7 on my wifes Kimber with the Talley mounts. Nice combination. In my opinion, anything bigger than a 2x7 looks to large for the gun.
If you use a black finished scope then the Tallys look nicer against the stainless.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Kimbers high comb means high rings and therefore it's easy to clear a large objective if thats what you want. However we all seem to agree that a large scope overwealms the small gun.

I do have a 4.5-14 on a 84M walking varminter though and some have said they don't like the looks of it.

You might consider using 56mm or 50mm binoculars on that low light stand and go with a 2-7 32mm scope.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest a Kahles 2-7 w/TDS. I have a couple on light rifles and greatly prefer it to my Leupold 2.5x8 I have on another. The Kahles is a good bit better optically and I love the TDS reticle....................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sempre, I like your choice on the Nikon 3x9x40, it's good in low light and fits the rifle nicely, also--as usual--DJ makes a great suggestion with the Kahles, I have one as well, and also like the TDS reticle very much.

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Ended up buying a new VX-III 2.5-8x36..fits like it is was designed for the rifle. Better Eyebox IMHO then the others mentioned as well. I considered the Kahles as well since I own an American Hunter in 3.5-10x50 . I won't get into it now but it is probably my last Kahles

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nikon all the way. They make a solid,best value scope.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote