New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Redfield scopes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone seen or used the new line? The ads list some pretty good features, but I couldn't find any weights listed, nor can I find any reviews on them.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.riflescopes.com/departments/314/rifle_scopes...new_rifle_scopes.htm

This page shows some of the specs. Haven't heard any reviews yet.

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link MontMike,I live in Helena and have heard the scuttle-butt about the new Redfields also,I still have an older wide field 2-7 I bought in the late 70's,my brother has it on a rifle I loaned him 20-25 years ago in Texas and its held up just fine.At those prices the new redfields better be good,they will be american made and I like that.Drop-Shot

Posts: 91 | Location: Helena,Montana | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For that price, they better be damn good. I'll stick with the Conquests for now until I hear some extremely good reviews.

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MontMike, I'm with you. My Conquests are my best scopes, I just wish they made a 1.5-5, or something like that.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Burris Signature comes in a 1.5 - 6 that may fit your needs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where the new Redfields are manufactured?

Posts: 237 | Location: Montana | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Nikon Monarch Gold in a 1.75-6x42. Big field of view, minimum 4" eye relief, and good glass. If there were a Conquest that was close to the Nikon in eye relief and FOV, it would have been the one.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
From http://www.redfield.com/products.htm

"Handcrafted in the USA"

Still think they look sexy, but a 56 mm objective? WTF? JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote