Notify
Tools

Leupold LCO
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone use this

https://www.leupold.com/leupol...ne-optic-lco-red-dot

Having a maximum defense 510 being built.

https://www.maximdefense.com/product/mdx-510/

Thinking of getting another one.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Made by Leupold, it should have a good warranty, though IIRC they only guarantee electrics for a couple of years.

And that is a quarter of my problem with stuff like that:

Limiting the warranty for such things shows the maker does not even trust them. Warranties can be sincere or cynical but none of them means a thing WTSHTF.

Then, if the light goes out, you've got nuthin'.

Worse, when you're under stress that can have a psychological effect more worrying than having to shoot without a sight.

Just as bad is their vulnerability to bumping. The sight is as high as the mounting provisions are long - so a bump from the front might move it twice as far as a small scope with mounts four inches apart.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Made by Leupold, it should have a good warranty, though IIRC they only guarantee electrics for a couple of years.

That is why I brought Vortex laser range finding binoculars.

Life time unlimited warrantee. Or at least until they go out of business.

The only thing not covered is loss.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Id bet my ass and half of Georgia Leupold would make them good regardless of the warrenty, I trust them that much based on a lot of business with them..just saying..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41817 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote