THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Recommendations for Range Finder Binos that Compensate for Angle

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for Range Finder Binos that Compensate for Angle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a very old Leica bino/rangefinder. It is very heavy and the range is limited.

I'd like something great glass that adjust for the angle, giving a horizontal distance.

Which bino make has the best technology on the range finding??

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1281 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love my SIG 2400 ABS; not a bino, but small enough it isn't an issue. I shoot long range every day with it (shot my 910 yard gong about an hour ago). Takes into account temp, altitude, angle, etc. Uses ABS ballistic software.

Angles are not nearly as important as something that adjusts for altitude IMO; the differences between the desert in AZ and my house in CO at 8750 are amazing. Spin and aerodynamic jump are important as well, both of which the SIG compensates for.

SIG also makes a LRF bino with the ABS software, but I haven't used one.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leica 3200.com
Sig Sauer BDX 3000
GPO Rangemaster 10x50
Swarovski with Tracking assist
Give a call, 516-217-1000, and we can discuss what would be best for you

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3635 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote