THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    1950 Steyr Mannlicher–Schönauer Carbine Leupold Scope Mount

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1950 Steyr Mannlicher–Schönauer Carbine Leupold Scope Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted
I recently recovered one of my stolen firearms however it came back to me sans scope and mount. It formerly wore a vintage Leupold ring and base set and a Balvar 2.5x8 scope.

I am looking for the original Leupold rings and base so I don't have to re-drill the receiver. This rifle isn't a safe queen by any means, it just needs to be made whole again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You might try NECG.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Most "stolen/recovered/police custody" firearms "loss" there optics while at the property clerks.

Posts: 6373 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi, you might check with steve nelson @ 541-745-232.he works a lot on mannlichers and might have the mounts you need....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry about that... a senior moment..steve's ph.# is 541-745-5232

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john waugh:

Thank you!

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Most "stolen/recovered/police custody" firearms "loss" there optics while at the property clerks.

I kind of thought this originally, don't think it happened in this particular case (doesn't mean it didn't) but the person who stole them probably was the one that removed them.

Funny is this mount will only fit this particular firearm.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john waugh:

I called him and left a message. Thanks again.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
John, Steve called me back and said he didn't currently have one, but he would keep an eye out for one. He also gave me a doable option if we can't locate a Leupold. Thanks again!