New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon EDG Binoculars
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was at Bass Pro yesterday looking at binoculars and saw they had Nikon EDG binoculars priced at just under $1000. A far cry from the $1800 they were 6 months ago when I compared them to another pair of glasses in that price range.
Has anyone heard about a large price cut on these binoculars? I asked the guy at the counter and he didnt know too much about when or why.

Posts: 55 | Location: Gretna,NE | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I do not know why Nikon chose to discount their EDG binocs - but they are my current favorites due to resolution, brightness, eye relief, flatness of field and warrantee.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Not to make you repeat yourself Phil , but really , I figured you would be useing Swaro EL or top end Leica ... I imagine you get to look thru about every good glass made so I think quite a bit about your opinion on this ..!

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Gunboot, I HAVE looked through them all. Plus I used all of them for an entire season and the EDG are second to none.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote