THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Malcolm Unertl Sniper Scope replica any good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As a project during lockdown I have restocked a Remington heavy barreled 223 to build 1950’s inspired long range sniper / varmint rifle. I am now thinking scopes. Are the Malcolm replicas of the USMC sniper scopes any good - https://hi-luxoptics.com/colle...uction-scopes/unertl

This is going to be a mostly gong bashing type rifle so do want a dialable type adjustment etc. It currently wears a S&B 6x42, but would like more magnification.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have/had a Unertl "Vulture" in the gun-room a couple of years ago + I don't recall selling it. It should still be there. I haven't thought about it in quite some time. I'll check if you're interested.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
The optics and or mechanical quality is probably not equal with the original but I woul d give it a go just because the mechanical design should be the same as back then. That is to say it should be solider than anything made today, assuming the erector set is lodged firmly and not rocking around under recoil.

Posts: 4937 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote