The Accurate Reloading Forums
Swarovski Z3 scopes

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1421043/m/7541073662

20 June 2021, 06:19
Kolo-Pan
Swarovski Z3 scopes
I have owed Swarovski Binoculars and now want to change my Leupold scopes for Swarovski.

I read on another forum that the reticles in the
Z3 line of scopes aren't as defined as in their other lines of scopes.

Wondering how the definition is compared to Leupold VX-3 scopes. Anyone had any problem with the Z3 Reticles?

KJK
24 June 2021, 01:01
30.06king
I have three Z3 scopes, all 3 - 10 x 42.
Two have BRH reticles, the third a standard duplex.
I think Z3 reticles are a little finer than the Leupold standard gauge but that's never been a problem for me. Other Swarovski reticles are very fine and I think those models are made for longer range varmint or target shooting.
I suggest visiting a dealer to discuss Swarovski reticle options and seeing those for yourself. I don't think you'll be disappointed with Swarovski lens quality and optical definition.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.
25 June 2021, 03:48
Bottom Gun
Mine are 3-9x36 and both have been trouble free. They are excellent scopes.

Mechanical engineers have their moments.
25 June 2021, 15:52
handwerk
I have a bunch of Z3's, all with the excellent 4a reticle, my favorite. I have been very happy with them as a set and forget scope.
05 July 2021, 10:19
Use Enough Gun
I have a few Z-3's and a butt load of Z-5"s with the dial up Ballistic Reticle. I have replaced them with custom turrets on all of my Z-5's from Outdoorsmans in Phoenx. I have always been a Leupold man and have dozens of them. However, most of my go to rifles carry Swarovski Z-5's now.
05 July 2021, 11:10
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I have a few Z-3's and a butt load of Z-5"s with the dial up Ballistic Reticle. I have replaced them with custom turrets on all of my Z-5's from Outdoorsmans in Phoenx. I have always been a Leupold man and have dozens of them. However, most of my go to rifles carry Swarovski Z-5's now.

My go to hunting rifle scopes are blaser, z6i and s&b but I am done buying them.

I am buying z5 - 5-25x

I think Z5 is one of the best pieces of glass for the $$.

I would pay up and get a z5 over a z3. Same high quality glass better internals.

Mike
06 July 2021, 01:37
Use Enough Gun
quote:
I think Z5 is one of the best pieces of glass for the $$.

Yep. tu2