New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski Z3 scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have owed Swarovski Binoculars and now want to change my Leupold scopes for Swarovski.

I read on another forum that the reticles in the
Z3 line of scopes aren't as defined as in their other lines of scopes.

Wondering how the definition is compared to Leupold VX-3 scopes. Anyone had any problem with the Z3 Reticles?

KJK

Posts: 677 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have three Z3 scopes, all 3 - 10 x 42.
Two have BRH reticles, the third a standard duplex.
I think Z3 reticles are a little finer than the Leupold standard gauge but that's never been a problem for me. Other Swarovski reticles are very fine and I think those models are made for longer range varmint or target shooting.
I suggest visiting a dealer to discuss Swarovski reticle options and seeing those for yourself. I don't think you'll be disappointed with Swarovski lens quality and optical definition.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mine are 3-9x36 and both have been trouble free. They are excellent scopes.

Mechanical engineers have their moments.

Posts: 2 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: 10 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of Z3's, all with the excellent 4a reticle, my favorite. I have been very happy with them as a set and forget scope.

Posts: 548 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have a few Z-3's and a butt load of Z-5"s with the dial up Ballistic Reticle. I have replaced them with custom turrets on all of my Z-5's from Outdoorsmans in Phoenx. I have always been a Leupold man and have dozens of them. However, most of my go to rifles carry Swarovski Z-5's now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I have a few Z-3's and a butt load of Z-5"s with the dial up Ballistic Reticle. I have replaced them with custom turrets on all of my Z-5's from Outdoorsmans in Phoenx. I have always been a Leupold man and have dozens of them. However, most of my go to rifles carry Swarovski Z-5's now.

My go to hunting rifle scopes are blaser, z6i and s&b but I am done buying them.

I am buying z5 - 5-25x

I think Z5 is one of the best pieces of glass for the $$.

I would pay up and get a z5 over a z3. Same high quality glass better internals.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Z5 is one of the best pieces of glass for the $$.

Yep. tu2