New
Find
Notify
Tools

reflex sight question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i have posted this on another thread here on AR and will try here too. i have a basic springfield 1911 45acp mil spec i had customized a few years ago including the smith milling a dove tail front and back on the slide for a rear adjustable sight. i have added a supressor as have moved to a more rural area and can now sit on back porch and blast the charging rocks. but the front sight is only tall enough to be directly in line with the top of the supressor so cant use the front sight. options are to put on a taller front sight or replace the rear. leaning towards a reflex red dot rear. are any made to be mounted into the dovetail milled into the slide on a 1911? recommendations that don't break the bank? i can't post pics but probably can get someone to do that if it matters. thanks

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. no
2. halosun 507c

Posts: 154 | Location: N. Texas | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you. after much research i decided to go with a diff platform and restored the customized mil spec back to its non threaded bbl etc

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote