New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope refurbish
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who, if anyone will refurbish the gloss coating on a Leupold scope?

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold scopes have a lifetime warranty, and I would think that applied to the lens coating as well. It makes no difference whether or not you are the original owner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I’m referring to the gloss black finish on the metal parts of the scope.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you ask Leupold if they offer such a service?

KJK

Posts: 676 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you ask Leupold if they offer such a service?

Leupold doesn't refinish the outside of their scopes. I sent an older gloss M8 back to them and requested a refinish since the scope had turned purple. I received a call from one of their reps who informed me that they don't refinish scopes. They sent me a new scope as a replacement.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold is old school, if they can't fix it they replace it, They have amazed me time after time, makes some interesting stories...I wouldn't use any other scope for the most part..Im a tried and true Leupolder!! with quite a collection of their scopes tu2

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote