New
Find
Notify
Tools

shooting glasses recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all: I'm in the market for a quality set of shooting glasses. Would like to use them for load development, practice and even hunting if possible. Any shared experience with brand, colors, lens material (polycarbonate seems highly thought of) would be helpful thanks much.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I don't know your definition of "quality," but I like glasses to be durable, long-lasting, and relatively inexpensive because, like ink pens, I have some difficulty hanging onto them for very long.Big Grin With that in mind, I have been using and quite like the Magnum series from Smith and Wesson. They're cheap enough that I have a few pairs in smoke and clear. I use them as everyday sunglasses and as safety glasses for woodworking, shooting, and reloading, among others.

https://smile.amazon.com/Smith...id=1600197650&sr=8-1

https://smile.amazon.com/Jacks...id=1600197681&sr=8-4

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you need corrective lenses??

Posts: 1610 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Oakley, Radian, ESS, Smith, Allen, Pilla, Decot. . . . . I currently use Oakleys, Pillas and Smiths.

One of Us
Picture of SpicyCrabDip
posted Hide Post
I saw a pretty decent article ( link for reference) a while back that really explained shooting glasses in detail even down to the right colors. I actually picked up a new pair of Oakley Tombstones because of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spicy, Thanks for the good link. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote