New
Find
Notify
Tools

Binocular Repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have some 10-50 binocs that were made thirty years ago in Japan. They are not bad stuff, but one of our children dropped them and they are not properly aligned.

Is the some place that would repair them at a reasonable price? kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudude:
I have some 10-50 binocs that were made thirty years ago in Japan. They are not bad stuff, but one of our children dropped them and they are not properly aligned.

Is the some place that would repair them at a reasonable price? kudude

If you look in either Shotgun News or Gun List you will find several ads for binocular repair.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rick,
Thanks for the suggestion. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try Captains Nautical supplies in Seattle, they have a top notch tech with lots of time under his belt

Posts: 129 | Location: Darrington Washington | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We do binocular repair. Please feel free to call us first and discuss it with Reggie, our repair tech. You did not mention which brand they were and he would know off hand if we can assist you.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3642 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incidentally, I bought two pairs of binoculars from Doug at Camera Land. His service is head and shoulders above any other optics house I've ever dealt with, and his prices are equal to his service. The binox I bought were at my door a few days after making the order.
For cameras and binox, I don't look elsewhere now, I will always go to Doug.
Don