Find
Notify
Tools

Defense Edge Cam Cradle options?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I am sure he is probably out hunting, but I have not been able to get a hold of Shawn Carlock from Defensive Edge. I have a hunt coming up and I need one next week.

I want to mount my SLR camera, laser range finder and a laser designator on top of a pair of big eye binoculars.

Any suggestions for other options?

Maybe someone else is making a similar product?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I don't understand your intent, but it sounds as though you would have about four pounds weight of stuff in one assembly. Do you mean to carry it all around your neck and lift it freehand?

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Nah, you put it on a tripod.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
OK, that makes sense. I can't see it being quite as good with binoculars, though.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one from Shawn Carlock, he finally got home from hunting.

I bought an $11 option from amazon. Google amazon two camera tripod mount.

It is on there.

The $11 option is fine, but my ball head won't support the weight of a pair of 15x56's and a camera.

And I never noticed that my Leupold 1600 range finder doesn't have a threaded hole for a mount.