Find
Notify
Tools

Some aluminum scope levels I'm making
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
I know a lot of you don't do long range shooting where having an absolutely level scope is critical, but for those that do I have a product I'd like to show. These levels are a clamshell design, meaning there's only one bolt to tighten it down on your scope, easing installation and getting it perfect, and the slim design means in many cases you don't need to remove your scope to install. Similar designs start at $75, I'm hoping for a selling point around $50.

Here's the first step of prototyping, will have a few done this weekend:

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
I like them!

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you go into more details?

I have an idea that can make you fat cash with regards to scope rings on a AR-15 and AR-10, I might have to get a patent?

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
What can I tell you Norseman?

Will be offered in 30 and 34mm initially, 1", 35mm, and 40mm if there is enough interest.

Level is a tight press fit, not glued, so shouldn't have to worry about it breaking the glue and falling out like some have done in the past.

Level is placed is you can see it over your side focus knob if it's on the far side of your scope, used a Bushnell XRS with quite large knobs for testing the design.

PM me your thought on an idea, I'm always open!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They do look rather neat and user friendly.

Keep us up to date. I could be up for one, maybe two.

Posts: 155 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 30 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post

Here is a functional prototype. Production units will be pristine, and have a logo and size on them. Currently trying to assess the number I need to make in the first production run.

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post

And a finished product, minus our logo and anodization!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool.
Hope it is a huge success for you.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you only shoot at a range, it may appear you don't need this, but if you shoot in the field, with varying geographical features (hills, slopes, etc) you will be astounded how often you think the crosshair is level when it is in fact not. Won't make a difference at short range, but it does at LR.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Started the first production run late last week. Here are finished prototypes, minus our logo stamped on there.

If any accuratereloading members want one, I'll give a discount of 10%. Normal price is $50.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I assume that this could be switched around to use on a left handed action.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Of course, flip it 180* and get shooting!

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post

A few completed units

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking good Tyler. PM sent.

Posts: 155 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 30 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine turned up a couple of days ago, and look good, thank you Smiler

I also like the look of your throw levers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need one for a 1" scope tube. PM me the details and where to send the $$$.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Rich, we only have 30, 34, and 35mm now, but lots of requests for 1". They are probably a month or so out, but I'll let you know when available.

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by secondtry:
Mine turned up a couple of days ago, and look good, thank you Smiler

I also like the look of your throw levers.

Have tons of throw levers in stock! Just let me know and I can get a package your way.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have a Tubb one and one from someone else. Both are so small I can barely make them out.

Nice job on yours.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote