Find
Notify
Tools

Leitz Trinovad 6x24
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted
I recently inherited a pair of Leitz Trinvad 6x24 binoculars. It's not a name I'm familiar with but they appear to have good glass. They are supposed to be approximately 50 years old. They also have the original case. Does anyone have any knowledge about them?

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Nothing in particular, though Leitz Trinovid is a respected brand. If you hunt in close cover they might be useful, as legend has it that 6x binos don't need to be constantly refocused.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a pair of 10x40's for a very long time and they are still very good glass. I don't know about the 6x's but if they have the rubber eye cups I have a U.S. source for new ones. Last time I checked Leica wanted more for a new set than I paid for the glasses.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi cgbach. I need new rubber eye cups for my Leitz 10x40 binos. Please give me your source if you can.
Thank you.
crf/ Dave

Posts: 115 | Location: kamiah idaho | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just stumbled across this. That was such a long time ago I have no clue today. I will see if I have any old records. I still have and use the 10x40's and they are still really good glass.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you cgbach for looking for this info. I would be grateful.
Dave (crf)

Posts: 115 | Location: kamiah idaho | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote