THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell Rainguard Coating. Does It Work?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted
I have two scopes in the Elite 3200 series that have the Rainguard coating.

Does anyone have any real world experience getting their Bushnell wet?

Does the coating work?

Thanks in advance.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Open the window, hold one outside perpendicular to the ground for 30 seconds, bring it back inside, close window, dry arm, mop floor, examine scope lens.

Of course it works. homer

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
It must have worked well enough to get the High Quality boys to follow suit and make a competitive offering; Leica-Aquadura and Zeiss- Loutec.
For actual hunting, I believe this advancement is more important than flourite objective lenses. Not only does it work, it enables you to clean your lens much easier.
I have sent an e-mail to Zeiss to see if they might change out the lenses on my 10-42 FL T's to units with the LOUTEC coating.
No response as yet!

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup - damn good too.

"Shoot hard, boys."

Posts: 115 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 17 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YES!

My 4.5x30 6500 got me a nice bull elk this season, in a sideways rainstorm. My buddies were busy wiping at their scopes, and watched the other bull walk off, as they couldn't count points. (3pt or better area). Neither one got another opportunity to shoot an animal, so I'll mark this seasons success up to having the rainguard.

Raining so hard you would almost swear you were underwater, and I never even noticed it in the scope.
I'm in the market for another!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works great, this past deer season, I was out hunting in the rain during a three hour, two inch rain storm and my scope was never unusable. I really didn't even think about it until a buddy said "I had to go back to the truck because I couldn't have seen a deer in my scope anyway" I have a scope and binoculars with rainguard and used both for various sightings thoughout the entire evening. No fogging and very little distortion due to droplets. A+

Cheers,
Jason

But what do I know?

Posts: 62 | Location: Missouri, U.S.A. | Registered: 23 December 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I read some where you can treat your scope with Rain-x and acheive the same thing. Anyone try this?

Posts: 173 | Location: Pa | Registered: 02 April 2004Reply With Quote