THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Will a 3200 Elite handle the recoil of a 375 Ruger ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a 3200 Elite handle the recoil of a 375 Ruger ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have an extra rifle with no scope on it and was wondering if the Bushnell 3200 will handle the recoil of my 375 Ruger ? Thanks . Smiler

Posts: 1533 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My experience with Bushnell was horrible at best, especially their repair/customer service. Why risk it-get a Leupold.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
It should do fine on a .375 rifle. They are built to handle heavy recoil. I have one on a S&W 500 revolver; recommended by the S&W 500 design chief. Many heavy rounds without any incidents.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few 4200's on hard kickers and they do fine. They are among the toughest of scopes.
Their one draw back is they are a little short on eye relief as compared to a Leupold. I believe they have about 3.3"

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
I have the Bushnell 3200 mounted and used on my CZ .375 H&H and custom .416 Taylor. The .375 with the 3200 went to Africa and did well. The 3200 on the .416 did well at the range but I'll take it off before going to Africa. eezridr is right about the short eye relief on the Bushnell. My .416 with the 3200 got my forehead. I've had no trouble with Leupolds on my heavys, including the .458 Lott.

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote