New
Find
Notify
Tools

HD on leupold spotter?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a new spotting scope; I have a 35 year-old Leup 20X50 that is still totally clear that was perfect for the backpack hunting that I used to do (just turned 80), but I'd like a more powerful scope, both for the range and for glassing in Eastern OR and AZ. My brother has a big 80 mm Swaro but it's just too damn big for me.

If Meopta made a 60 power Meopro I'd jump on it, but since they don't I'll put my faith in Leupold.

My question is this- they make the same model in regular and HD, the HD costing 100. more. If any of you have had appropriate experience are the extra bucks for the HD worth it?

I know this is a boring subject but I'd appreciate any knowledge out there.

Thanks

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 274 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have the gold ring 60 MM HD. I have owned about since it was introduced. I own a Kowa prominar and a 85 MM Vortex Razor.
I use the Leopold 5X as much as the other two simply because its size and the optics are fine for every thing I need them for.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks; I assumed that the Leupold would have decent glass, but mostly I wondered about the difference between regular glass and HD.

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 274 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call leopold and ask.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote