The Accurate Reloading Forums
Vortex razor line verses the Meopta R2 line

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1421043/m/5501034262

27 October 2020, 18:00
perry
Vortex razor line verses the Meopta R2 line
What are you gents thoughts on the 2 of these scopes if you were purchasing?
My eyes are getting older and I would really like to upgrade glass on a couple of my rifles that are my regulars.
I'm specifically looking at the light transmission and image clarity. I shoot under 400 yds in most hunting scenarios so reticles, dials, etc are not my primary concern.

Thanks
Perry
28 October 2020, 08:09
sambarman338
I seem to recall that one of our members from Texas thinks Razor is the only Vortex line worth considering. Meoptas have a good name and looked good when I peered through a couple in a shop. However, they seemed enormous scopes (making them more vulnerable to bumps). Also, as with most scopes since constantly centred reticles came in 60 years ago, they had a lot of tunnel vision.
28 October 2020, 09:38
Buglemintoday
I owned a Meopta Meostar R2 8x56 for a short period of time (Bobby Tomek actually had more field time with it than I did). I think it had better clarity and glass than the Vortex Razor line of scopes. A lot of the Razor rifle scopes are heavy unless you are looking at the Razor LH scopes.

In the price range you are looking at...there are better choices imo. A Leupold vx3i..vx6 or Swarovski z3/z5 I don't like the exposed turrets on the Vortex line and their reticles and styles are mainly tacticool instead of hunting.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"
29 October 2020, 23:01
perry
Thank yall. This was every helpful
20 January 2021, 20:48
Atkinson
Im sold on Leupold, they have worked for me for perhaps 60 or 70 years, can' remember when I got my first Leupold however, but it was a 2.5X..no centered reticle but once the shims center it, it held its zero on my 99 for many years without touching it. Took me a week to get it centered. faint

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
24 January 2021, 00:19
impala#03
Vortex-Asian, Leupold-American.