Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Integrated Ring Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted
I have a Ruger M77 that has the Ruger integrated ring mounting system. The rings that came with it are 1 inch and I am using a 30mm scope. I always use Burris Signature rings. I bought an adapter for Ruger to Weaver style rings and currently have scope mounted in Burris Signature rings. I however don't care for the way it looks. My question is can I buy Burris Signature rings that fit directly in the standard Ruger mounting system built in the rifle? If not what brand rings would you recommend to mount a 30 mm scope in the Ruger integrated mounting system and what height would I need for a scope with 50mm objective?

Thanks in advance

Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2546 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
alaska llc qd rings for me never mounted a 50mm but i imagine you will need the taller or tallest version.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the Alaska Arms rings on my Rugers. I have several sets, and Zero complaints.

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can buy Ruger factory rings in 30mm.
Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the WARNE 30 MM Quick Release Rings made for RUGER Firearms.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tred, I have a set of High Warne 30mm rings for an M77 that I’d sell for a reasonable price. You’ll need highs for a 50mm obj. Let me know if you’re interested.

Posts: 145 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Burris Signature ring concept, too, but doubt they have any that mate with the Ruger set-up. The Burris website shows the various options they do have and, as you've found, these include some that go on rails. The danger of not using the Signature rings is IMHO that of bending modern 1" alloy scope tubes. It may be the metal in 30mm tubes is thicker and stronger, not only given that diameter to provide increased elevation adjustment and greater zoom ratios. The old reticle-movement German scopes were generally 26mm in the steel models but always thicker in dural and usually strengthened further by a mounting rail.

Did you have to use the eccentric inserts in your present rings to get the scope aligned properly? If so, you might expect trouble replacing them with anything else.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
I've tried everything out there for Ruger and Alaska Arms is the way to go.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1213 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Whiskey Hunter solved your problem..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41783 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote