New
Find
Notify
Tools

German Precision Optics GPO?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone actually had their hands on one of these?

Its seems a bit of a stretch to call their company GPO... Its an American owned company with optics made in Japan supposedly off German engineering. Which sounds official and all. But?

OK, beyond the hype...what's the scoop? Are they any good? Just another Vortex/Athlon?

What say you?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GPO is co-owned by Mike Jensen (Former President of Zeiss USA) and Richard Schmidt (Top guy from Swarovski). Mike is in VA and Richard is in Germany. Everything is designed and quality control checked in Germany. Great optics priced very fairly with a lifetime no fault warranty

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3635 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
My outlook is much the same as the OP's.

Had they admitted the past 60 years has been a gradual descent into BS and gone back to reticle-movement, I might see some point in their posture of German integrity meets Asian economy.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not out to bash them. I just want someone with some first hand experience to tell me their impressions.

I look at the GPO optics and they look VERY similar to the Vortex Razor LHT scope I bought a year ago.... Its also a Japanese made scope. And the whole thing looks very similar in construction and materials. Its a good scope BTW...

A lifetime warranty is great and all...unless you have to use it a bunch or the company goes out of business and your warranty isn't worth the paper its printed on...