THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    How about those 5/48 ring screws on Ruger rings??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about those 5/48 ring screws on Ruger rings??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The new scews in Ruger rings are the absolute worse move ever made in the scope industry, the are soft as butter to start with, you ruin a torx no. 10 using them, after you get them set on the rifle, try to remove them after a couple of months, ruin more #10 L drivers or screw drivers. I think I am going to Drill mine out to 6-48 and tap them..or buy different rings..

If you ease up on them then they won't hold on big bore rifles..Im guessing Ruger will attempt to deny the cluster advising it was destroying scopes, but that's BS, I don't know anyone that's ruined a quality scope with a Torx or otherwise shades of the old allen screw, another cluster..

BTW someone should make decent screw drivers, I mean we can put a man on the moon, why not tough screw drivers, especially torx. the Torx screw is great, the best yet, so give us the tools to use them..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nobody noticed?? whats that tell you?? homer

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Nobody noticed?? whats that tell you?? homer

Maybe that your the only guy having problems ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW someone should make decent screw drivers

I did, got tired of the crap that was available. Tool steel hardened and tempered twice. Ground to air tight fit in the screw on my surface grinder. Left a few without handles so I could use them in a drill press.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Everyone is only buying the Ruger Americans where you don't use Ruger Rings on them

Soon the Hawkeye will be discontinued I'm sure. The sales are that much higher on the cheaper rifles.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the Hawkeye will survive in one form or another..If the African was to be deleted, Id just dump all my Rugers and go back to the pre 64 Win. and 98 Mausers..Ruger has continued to improve over the years, I doubt that even the evil bean counters and their cheap to build rifles can argue their case for that, at least I hope not.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120