THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of an old Baush and LOmb 2x7 varible..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found this one in my scope box, its amazingly clear and the adjustments are accurate, shiny black and fairly compact...I know a B&L spotting scope is the best ever, but have no clue of the value of the rifle scope..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One sold recently on ebay for $210.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25511...5:g:UB8AAOSwi8Bgrqlp

one of us
posted Hide Post
If it has internal adjustments then it is one of the later Japanese-made B&L's, not one from Rochester, NY. I've used one of the Japanese models in 2.5-8X and it was a pretty decent scope. Two bills seems high for one to me, but then I'm still living in the 1960's and am insulted when someone asks more than 25 cents for a cup of coffee.

Posts: 13227 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I expect the lenses are good enough but I don't care about that. To me it's a symbol of the modern decadence and probably has tears all over it Wink

Posts: 4939 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My spotting scopes are Rochester NY, and none better..

This scope came on a purchase gun, Ive had it for years, used it on a 22, and a 5mm and other stuff for testing...

Its not pretty, but its in good shape and clean, I would gestimate a hundred dollar bill will buy it form me If I liked the buyer, if not he has to pay the postage! jumping

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote