New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is That A Leupold...?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is that a Leupold scope on top of this new world record setting Rifle?

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek060.html

Nice shooting no matter what brand of scope that is in the pictures!

Long live Leupold!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sez it's a Leupold in the fine print under the photo.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JAL: Yeah - I read that I was just giving the anti-Leupold types on this forum a "heads up" as to whats going on out in the real world!
Not only is that Bench Rest Rifle using a Leupold scope - its a Variable powered Leupold as well!
I have had so much fun over the years "tweeking" the anti-Leupold crowd by posting the winners equipment lists from all manner of competitions and of course Leupolds always dominate!
Wasn't that an intersting article though!
I was impressed with that 6mm BR-DX cartridge and am going to look into it some more.
Long live Leupold!
I just wish they would get a grip on their pricing!
I mean many of the Leupolds are more than my house payments!
Sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
The reticle modification is very interesting. It looks similar to a lense extension on a camera. I wonder if it has a negative impact on clarity or parallax??

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clem: Good question you pose there - I don't remember reading any dissatisfaction with that Leupolds clarity!
The shooter was obviously able to "pinpoint" his point of aim on the target he shot! And obvioulsy the Leupold was holding its point of impact that a few on this board sometimes decry as a Leupold weakness!
It held its P.O.I. "well enough" to set a new world record! BUT maybe thats still NOT GOOD ENOUGH for the few Leupold bashers here abouts?
Sheesh - I roll my eyes at them.
But isn't it funny that the Leupolds STILL DOMINATE despite what ever these few naysayers spew up?
There must be an explanation somewhere!

And for more Leupold laurels let me inject here part of a posting from over at Benchrestcentral!
The subject is Leupolds (what great scopes they are!)
Here goes some more "pro-Leupold" facts:

I know that Leupold has had some POI problems, but who hasn't. In the NBRSA Nationals just completed the results in the 4-gun were....
1st Tony Boyer - Unaltered Leupold Competition
2nd Joe Krupa- Unaltered Leupold Competiton
3rd Mark Buettgen- Unaltered Leupold Competiton

Maybe this is anecdotal evidence, but these men trust the new Leupold and they have reason to do so. Good shooting....James

Long live Leupold!

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All is quiet on the home front. Computer is fixed LOL. Aren't those Leupolds great VG....

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VarmintGuy:
JAL: Yeah - I read that I was just giving the anti-Leupold types on this forum a "heads up" as to whats going on out in the real world!

Whoops.

What anti-Leupold types? You must hang out with the wrong crowd. Smiler

I've always thought them to be the best for the money. The Big Bore shooters always recomend the fixed 2.5X Leupold as the one to hold togeather.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clem:
The reticle modification is very interesting. It looks similar to a lense extension on a camera. I wonder if it has a negative impact on clarity or parallax??

No problems at all with the work Premier used to do Leupolds. Dick Thomas was a master at "hot-rodding" Leupys. Unfortunately, with his passing last month, Premier has stopped working on them. The claim supply problems as the reason.

Posts: 9 | Location: Smyrna, TN | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
It's not the scope, it's the Krieger barrel. clap

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Some people just want to be different... Leupold has always been the best scope under $1,000.00. When budget concious (Broke) I had bought the VXII (now VX-1). Now that times are a little better, it seems to be XV-III is the rule. I have fired them on 300 mags, 375 H&Hs, 30-06, 270, 223, and a 308 (OK, thats a Mark 4). I have not had one failure of the fogproofing, no sharpness or accuity issues, and nothing has broke. Most of my friends who hunt may like their Swarovskis and Kahles, they all admit that Leupold is hard to beat for image quality, durability, and value.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote