New
Find
Notify
Tools

Praise for Burris
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I must admit I have not been high on Burris customer service in the past but this past few days changed my mind.

I sent them a scope on Jan 3, and it was back here, repaired at no charge, on Jan 13th.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Terry just further proof that miracles do occur. Wink

Working on my ISIS strategy....FORE

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
And now that Fullfield's are made in the Phillipine's Burris just got better, right?

No thank's...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too have had good luck with my Burris. I have had my FF II for quite a few years now and so far, it has never let me down. 31 bertram

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
And now that Fullfield's are made in the Phillipine's Burris just got better, right?

No thank's...

You can thank your good buddy g.dubya douche for that. I think he's got Mexicans wiping his ass now.

Burris are good scopes despite what the "l" crowd thinks.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are'nt some of the Nikons made in the Phillipines now? I only hear good things about them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Fullfield II that broke, the reticle turned inside. I sent it out on a Wed. and it was back the following Monday. It also has worked fine ever since, but it worried me so I put it on a .257 Weatherby that doesn't have much recoil.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Service can vary GREATLY dependant upon whom you happen to be dealing with.

I have had terrible service from one person and great service from another at the same place. People are people and some days and some people are better than others.

It has been my experience that “most†companies try to give the best possible service they can “most“ of the time. Considering the number of complete assholes they deal with 90% of the time I am amazed that any company can provide great service 100% of the time.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Rick-

Well said -- and quite true...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
Rick-

Well said -- and quite true...

It just doesn’t make any sense that any company would start their day by saying: “Okay everyone, Let’s see how can we piss off our customers today so they won’t continue to buy or use our products!â€

It may at times appear that some companies do that...but appearances, as they say, can be deceiving.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
Built in the Phillipines, or made in Greeley, CO by a bunch or wetbacks...take your pick.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
dogcatcher223-

We couldn't have made it through the evening without your brilliant insightfullness. Roll Eyes

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Small fish, there are plenty of other places on this globe you can go live.
I know, you vote, so you can gripe. But people like you make me tired...

And a bigot to boot... Maybe you should go read what is inscribed on the base of the lady that stands in the harbor.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
doubless - KISS MY ASS.

We know how pro dubya you are and he elected himself. I won't go into it here but that man is the devil and will be put to his rightful shame in short order. I can't wait for the impeachment proceedings to begin.

Take this to the right forum and we'll talk.

I truly believe that you are a true and utter asshole.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Doubless-Pay no mind to the rantings of small fish. You know, if ignorance is bliss, then he's one heck of a happy camper...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry, I can't get the bad taste out of my mouth for Burris and their lack of warranty service. A while back I bought a set of Burris binoculars to replace an ancient worn out set of Leupold binoculars...been through 15 + years of heavy use....and they were now crosseyed, so to speak. I had worked in a medium to large, well established gun shop in Atlanta for 10 years and had seen my share of optics, good and bad. I always respected the way Leupold treated their warranty repairs, but had no way of knowing how Burris was. I took a chance and ordered a set of Burris binocs and gave it to myself for Christmas. Long story short - by New Year's day they were fogging and were not aligned ("crosseyed"). I sent them back with a nice letter telling them how I had only used them for a week...etc...and also how they were used to replace a worn out pair of Leupold binoculars. I call Burris to follow up on the repair and was told by their Service Dept. Manager that I would be "receiving a new pair ASAP...no later than Tuesday". Well, to my surprise, instead of a new pair of binoculars, I get a curt letter from them saying I owe them $54 for repair, saying I had dropped the binoculars and dropping was not covered by the warranty...I write them another letter saying Nope, they were not dropped, abused, etc. They write again and say...$54 or forget it. I write them a final letter saying that they can keep the binoculars, and also keep the $300 I spent on them and I will just consider it a lesson well learned about Burris, and that I will take my chances with Leupold again in the future...Oh, and that I would tell everyone how they treat their customers. A Burris product did NOT last even one week for me. The following week I sent my Leupold binoculars back to Leupold with a nice letter explaining that the 15+ year old binoculars were worn out...I appreciated using them, but if they could use the innards for parts on warranty repairs, they were welcome to keep them, and I would be purchasing a new pair of Leupolds soon. A week later they were returned and were as good as new! And....."no charge" at the bottom of the repair ticket. That, folks, is why Leupold has such a grand reputation. I sent Burris a copy of the Leupold repair ticket and told them that Leupold's lifetime warranty means what it says...and that they (Burris) should be ashamed that they can't even warranty their product for a week, when Leupold makes good on theirs for a lifetime. I again reminded them where my optics $ would be spent in the future. Burris products make good boat anchors and nothing else in my opinion! The sooner that company goes belly up, the better.
Y'all have a nice day.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds like you got a raw deal. I would have kept after them I think I have one that is about 30 years old. They just never seem to have what I wanted. Too heavy, not enough eye relief or something. I had trouble like that with a defective couch and a defective knife sharpner that I had to write several letters to each company. Finally got what I wanted after I wrote letter to the CEOs. I always write polite letters and I never say I want buy their product again even if I want ever buy one again. I think your letter is the type we need have on this forum along with postive comments about companies and services.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a friend with one of the nation's largest wholesalers...dealer only stuff...he told me that around that time, Burris went through a fruit basket turnover with all the higher ups. He offered to put me in touch with the new President or CEO with Burris. I was still so PO's about the whole thing I told him "Thanks but no thanks...I will get more pleasure by ruining whatever sorry reputation they have by telling everyone I know about them". I hate 'em...I really do. That singular incident was absolutly the sorriest excuse for customer service I have ever seen. I still retain my copies of everyone's correspondance to prove each and every fact of this episode. I take back the "boat anchor" comment I made previously about Burris....hell, they probably could not pull that feat off either. Can't wait to see Burris in Bankruptcy Court soon enough.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't wait to see Burris in Bankruptcy Court soon enough.

You are one hell of an American patriot there dude.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Blauwkamp:
I must admit I have not been high on Burris customer service in the past but this past few days changed my mind.

I sent them a scope on Jan 3, and it was back here, repaired at no charge, on Jan 13th.

If there was ever a good example of competition being good for the consumer it is sports optics.

The manufacturers are all about as far as they can go in technology and they are having to compete by providing better sales and service to the customers than their competition does.

Hoorah for Burris and for all the other companies that have realized this basic business truism and have started to value their customers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They didn't value this customer.

Strike one, Burris: I sent them a 2x7 pistol scope cause after 100 rounds of 44 mag little bits of junk were floating around inside. If it all settled to the bottom, who cares? But it stuck on the glass and reticle and moved after each shot. Got it back, shot 20 rounds and it did the same thing!!! Strike two, Burris. I haven't shot it much after they 'fixed' it the second time.

Strike three, burris: I didn't learn my lesson after strikes 1 and 2 so ordered a fullfield from their website. I got a confirmation e-mail. After not receiving it or having my credit card charged for a month, decided to write a letter asking what's what. Someone who would not identify him/her self, other than customer service department, said online orders were handled by another company, the company didn't meet Burris's expectations and online orders were stopped. But nobody told me or even offered an apology. I was just kept hanging. So they can go down the tubes for all I care, too. Three strikes, you're outta here!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW..........and to think that I was ready to buy a "Fullfield II" scope from them. I'll have to think a bit more about this now.

Posts: 70 | Location: N. Utah | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Velly intelesting! Don't guess there will be any Burris optics in my stable!

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of the Signature Safari because they ahd a post reticle and nobody else did. I've been happy with it. Used it in Africa twice. Doesn't work well in dim light though.
Burris made the Pentax scopes until last year and they are great scopes. Very bright. Burris was prohibited from making the equivalent scope by the business agreement until it wxpired. They are brighter now. I haven't tried a new one except to look through.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Evening Small Fish,

Damn right I am a flag carrying red, white, and blue American. What I could not stand is that folks like Burris purported that their products were/are made in the good old USA. My Burris binocs, upon arrival, said "Made in Japan" in very small letters under the hinge point of those little jewels.

One hell of an American patriot? Yep! Former US ARMY RANGER in my earlier days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While we post here on a web site run from the UAE, talking about about German Mauser rifles to be used on our African safari, where we will fly on an English airline and sip French wine, while eating Asian food and decked out in our newest Italian clothes, perhaps we should all get a grip and lighten up just a bit.

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:
While we post here on a web site run from the UAE, talking about about German Mauser rifles to be used on our African safari, where we will fly on an English airline and sip French wine, while eating Asian food and decked out in our newest Italian clothes, perhaps we should all get a grip and lighten up just a bit.

jumping

Yea, but ma boots are made in Texas. Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
I believe Burris is owned by Beretta now, so technically they are not an American company anymore.