New
Find
Notify
Tools

nightforce??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
has anyone used a nightforce for hunting in texas? if so which one and why? thinking of putting one on a rem 700 308 used for deer, pigs etc out to 600 yds. yes, i am asking for opinions. thanks

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I have an SHV 5-20x56 on my .26 Nosler. I like the illuminated reticle. It's a heavy scope, but no worries about rifle weight when in the blind in Texas.

Optics seem clear. I had it on my Cooper Model 52 in .257 Weatherby before this.

I don't think I would have bought this scope brand new...because most of my shooting doesn't require dialing in with turrets. But the previous owner of the Cooper was nice enough to leave it scoped for me.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'll check that one out

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never been to in the USA, never mind Texas.
But I have had a Nightforce 5.5-22 x 56 on my .308 for about 22 years. Shortly after getting it i was in a big car accident. Of the 6 rifles in the car's trunk, 4 suffered damage (two broken stocks and two bent fore-sights) The NF did not even have a zero shift.

In all that time, the scope has been 100% reliable, and recently I have been shooting PRS with it, so quite a lot of dialing up and down.
It is big and heavy scope but it always works, and works well.

The specefic model has long been discontinued though, and I have never used any of their current products.

Posts: 467 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NF 2.2 -10X42 is the ants pants...not to big or heavy

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote