New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got myself a Christmas Present
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! Hope to see an update after you use it.

Posts: 2634 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I have been lusting after one

https://www.blaser.de/en/produ.../blaser-28-20x50-ic/

Mike

Par for the course........

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Lets hope the scope is more dependable than some of the figures in their spec. sheet.

Posts: 4909 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Lets hope the scope is more dependable than some of the figures in their spec. sheet.

For what I am paying for it I better get Udo Bender servicing it if something happens.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's always a good idea to be the first guy to own an overpriced, unproven aiming device from a company who doesn't know diddly crap about optics. You need to get off the couch more often and quit reading so much propaganda. Like I said, this is par for you though.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
It's always a good idea to be the first guy to own an overpriced, unproven aiming device from a company who doesn't know diddly crap about optics. You need to get off the couch more often and quit reading so much propaganda. Like I said, this is par for you though.

Seriously what have you done in life to make you an expert on optics? Any experience in optics or optical engineering? Any professional or educational technical expertise in anything optical ?

I like to know how people get such strong opinions on stuff in life. Hopefully with some expertise - so what is your expertise ?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Seriously what have you done in life to make you an expert on optics? Any experience in optics or optical engineering? Any professional or educational technical expertise in anything optical ?

I like to know how people get such strong opinions on stuff in life. Hopefully with some expertise - so what is your expertise ?

Mike

Experience, as part of G&O programs and in the field testing for over 20 years. Opinion based on use, not reading about it. You're obviously the latter. Many companies have struggled mightily bring a reliable, functional 8x erector to production, including March, S&B, and until very recently Nightforce, who makes the most reliable scopes in the world, bar none. For some nobody in the optics world (Blaser), who has someone else make their products, and to tackle this monumental configuration, is, well, a joke. The biggest joke is the price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Experience, as part of G&O programs and in the field testing for over 20 years. Opinion based on use, not reading about it. You're obviously the latter. Many companies have struggled mightily bring a reliable, functional 8x erector to production, including March, S&B, and until very recently Nightforce, who makes the most reliable scopes in the world, bar none. For some nobody in the optics world (Blaser), who has someone else make their products, and to tackle this monumental configuration, is, well, a joke. The biggest joke is the price.

So you have zero technical background in optics ? Any university background in anything technical?

Field testing for whom ? On a paid professional basis ?

What is G&O programs ? Only G&O program and optics I could find on google was a post by you on some other forum http://www.opticstalk.com/leic...opic36358_page2.html

Would you qualify as an expert in any legal proceeding on any optics related?

Just trying to figure out expertise.

All I did for blaser was talk to udo bender who founded Schmidt and bender and now works for blaser. I assumed he knew something about scopes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmidt_%26_Bender

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's easy to figure who the blowhards are, the non players, the wannabe's, the one's with little actual experience, the pretenders, etc. You qualify.

You remind me of this wealthy dufus From Pennsylvania who showed up in aoudad camp one year. He couldn't wait to show us his brand new Blaser rifle topped with a S&B Klassik, about $10,000 worth. At the end of day 4 his gear looked like a herd of pitbulls had played tug o war with it....scratched and gouged unmecifully. He wasn't quite so proud of it then. He actually had me kill the sheep for him on day 5 so he could take his hero shot with it.

I've worked with 7 different optics companies, two university degrees, semi-professional basis, may qualify as an expert but not sure. I leave that lawyer BS to bottomfeeding scum lawyers to figure out. BTW, S&B has miniscule market share , and Blaser will have less. Most of S&B's non IL reticles suck in low light, but you find that out by actually looking through them and using them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's easy to figure who the blowhards are, the non players, the wannabe's, the one's with little actual experience, the pretenders, etc. You qualify.

You remind me of this wealthy dufus From Pennsylvania who showed up in aoudad camp one year. He couldn't wait to show us his brand new Blaser rifle topped with a S&B Klassik, about $10,000 worth. At the end of day 4 his gear looked like a herd of pitbulls had played tug o war with it....scratched and gouged unmecifully. He wasn't quite so proud of it then. He actually had me kill the sheep for him on day 5 so he could take his hero shot with it.

I've worked with 7 different optics companies, two university degrees, semi-professional basis, may qualify as an expert but not sure. I leave that lawyer BS to bottomfeeding scum lawyers to figure out. BTW, S&B has miniscule market share , and Blaser will have less. Most of S&B's non IL reticles suck in low light, but you find that out by actually looking through them and using them.

I am just trying to figure out your technical background and all these claims of expertise.

Which 7 different companies?

What is a semi professional optics expert - like a part time expert.

What is all this university degrees in - art history or optical engineering.

All these terms you claim to throw around like G&0 programs are all referred back to your own internet posts on other forums. That is high suspect - industry testing terms that only you refer to.

Do you have any patents in anything optics related ?

Companies and individuals that have built multi-million dollars business and been on the optics business for decades are dismissed.

All we get is stories about being in hunting camp.

Is there any meat on the bone of this claim of great knowledge of optics is what I am trying to figure out. All I get is stories of being in hunting camp.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Which 7 different companies? Swaro, Zeiss, Leupold, Vortex, Meopta, Athlon, Leica. Leica USA was a joke, and Meopta is cream of the crop.

What is a semi professional optics expert - like a part time expert. No

What is all this university degrees in - art history or optical engineering. No

All these terms you claim to throw around like G&0 programs are all referred back to your own internet posts on other forums. That is high suspect - industry testing terms that only you refer to. That's your problem, as you asked, and I answered. Just because it's suspect to you doesn't make it untrue.

Do you have any patents in anything optics related ? NO

Companies and individuals that have built multi-million dollars business and been on the optics business for decades are dismissed. Not dismissed entirely, but largely irrelevant nowadays is S&B.

All we get is stories about being in hunting camp. Hundreds of them.

Is there any meat on the bone of this claim of great knowledge of optics is what I am trying to figure out. All I get is stories of being in hunting camp. What specifically do you want to know about a particular optic and I'll see if I can help you.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Which 7 different companies? Swaro, Zeiss, Leupold, Vortex, Meopta, Athlon, Leica. Leica USA was a joke, and Meopta is cream of the crop.

What is a semi professional optics expert - like a part time expert. No

What is all this university degrees in - art history or optical engineering. No

All these terms you claim to throw around like G&0 programs are all referred back to your own internet posts on other forums. That is high suspect - industry testing terms that only you refer to. That's your problem, as you asked, and I answered. Just because it's suspect to you doesn't make it untrue.

Do you have any patents in anything optics related ? NO

Companies and individuals that have built multi-million dollars business and been on the optics business for decades are dismissed. Not dismissed entirely, but largely irrelevant nowadays is S&B.

All we get is stories about being in hunting camp. Hundreds of them.

Is there any meat on the bone of this claim of great knowledge of optics is what I am trying to figure out. All I get is stories of being in hunting camp. What specifically do you want to know about a particular optic and I'll see if I can help you.

Mike

I still don’t get a lot of stuff you say.

Let’s start with stuff you said that you have zero technical training or education in optics and no patents. Thus your claim to any expertise is not education.

You have said you worked with

Swarovski
Zeiss
Leopold
Vortex
Meopta
Athlon
Leica

Work in what sense. They pay you to test their products subject to a professional contract. Are you an expert skilled paid evaluator for them.

The problem is you have been all over the internet claiming this expertise in all different forms.

http://www.opticstalk.com/zoom...tiff_topic40370.html

https://www.24hourcampfire.com...ig-hardon-for-vortex

“Talkiing about Vortex' discounts to retailers, their G&O program is a joke as well. If you are able to enroll in thier G&O program (guide/outfitters) they will reward you with 40% off of MSRP pricing discounts. Problem is, they must think guides/outfitters are too stupid to understand basic math. For instance MSRP in Vortex' eyes is a way over inflated price from everyday retail prices. For example, the new Vortex Fury 5000HD can be found everywhere on the planet of $1199. If you look at the Vortex website and look at their MSRP, you will see $1599, which is what they base their generous 40% discount off of. In reality the 40% discount obviously isn't anywhere near that, it is more like 12% off of eveyone in the planet's MSRP. What's bad is Leupold started doing the very same thing. Meopta does not play those BS games, FWIW.”

Is your level of working with nearly every major optics company buying cheaper price optics through their marketing arm (discounts for guides) or actually being a paid professional subject to a contract for expert services?

This also answers your specific expertise term G&O programs. It’s basically your term for guide and outfitter discount - a purely marketing thing. There is no optics testing term called G&0 program.

I am sorry but you don’t get to put your optics expertise in the same league as Udo Bender.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never claimed to have his expertise. What I did claim is that S&B products are largely irrelevant in today's USA market. They could vanish from the face of the earth and nobody would notice or care. And yes, I did test rather extensively either through a few "gimmes/prepoduction" samples, or optics that I bought.

Here's something else to clue you in on. I've been hunting whitetails for 21 years up in the far N TX Panhandle. The premier sniper/LR shooting instructor on the planet lives in the nearby town. He trains elite forces from all over the world, and he brings them over to shoot prarie dogs on the place we hunt because the ranch foreman and he are great buddies. I've gotten to know him as well (Google Todd Hodnett). His knowledge of ballistics, shooting, and everything optics is off the charts. He's been a good source, quite obviously. In short, I've had good instruction.

Another fella who lives there happens to be the most accomplished LR shooter in history (Google David Tubb). His knowledge is mind boggling as well. These guys have forgotten more than 99% of hunters and shooter will ever know. I also had over 150 hunters in various camps before I got tired of doing it. These guys could and did hunt all over the world, could buy whatever equipment they wanted, etc. Most were very accomplished, sometimes a dufus like the aoudad hunter would show up. I got to test, use, watch, etc most every brand of high end optic made, including some "alpha" glass that I own, as well as mid grade stuff.

So, my learning/experience comes from actual field time with professionals who have no peer, guiding hunters for years, and hunting myself every year since 1971 and culling/killing over 300 big game animals with various equipment and seeing at least that many get killed. Field time, optics on tripods side by side, rifles side by side, comparing reticles in poor light, etc, not from spec sheets or internet websites. Whether that meets your criteria of "experience" is really irrelevant to me, but I'm sure it exceeds your resume by light years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never claimed to have his expertise. What I did claim is that S&B products are largely irrelevant in today's USA market. They could vanish from the face of the earth and nobody would notice or care. And yes, I did test rather extensively either through a few "gimmes/prepoduction" samples, or optics that I bought.

Here's something else to clue you in on. I've been hunting whitetails for 21 years up in the far N TX Panhandle. The premier sniper/LR shooting instructor on the planet lives in the nearby town. He trains elite forces from all over the world, and he brings them over to shoot prarie dogs on the place we hunt because the ranch foreman and he are great buddies. I've gotten to know him as well (Google Todd Hodnett). His knowledge of ballistics, shooting, and everything optics is off the charts. He's been a good source, quite obviously. In short, I've had good instruction.

Another fella who lives there happens to be the most accomplished LR shooter in history (Google David Tubb). His knowledge is mind boggling as well. These guys have forgotten more than 99% of hunters and shooter will ever know. I also had over 150 hunters in various camps before I got tired of doing it. These guys could and did hunt all over the world, could buy whatever equipment they wanted, etc. Most were very accomplished, sometimes a dufus like the aoudad hunter would show up. I got to test, use, watch, etc most every brand of high end optic made, including some "alpha" glass that I own, as well as mid grade stuff.

So, my learning/experience comes from actual field time with professionals who have no peer, guiding hunters for years, and hunting myself every year since 1971 and culling/killing over 300 big game animals with various equipment and seeing at least that many get killed. Field time, optics on tripods side by side, rifles side by side, comparing reticles in poor light, etc, not from spec sheets or internet websites. Whether that meets your criteria of "experience" is really irrelevant to me, but I'm sure it exceeds your resume by light years.

Life story is nice and all but I don’t suffer fool gladly.

You have said you worked with

Swarovski
Zeiss
Leopold
Vortex
Meopta
Athlon
Leica

Work in what sense. They pay you to test their products subject to a professional contract. Are you an expert skilled paid evaluator for them.

You are coming off in this very thread as a person with a special relationship with the truth, facts and reality.

You have done none of this. All you have done is bought some optics at a hunting show and got a marketing discount for guides.

That in your imaginary world makes you someone who has worked with these companies. You have done nothing but bullshit on numerous forums about optics stuff that you have not actually done.

You know nothing about optics from a technical view point and have done nothing on a professional or technical capacity with any of the firms you mentioned.

Lying, bull shitting and trolling on the internet only gets you that far because all the stuff is out there.

College degrees, expert witness abilities, working with optics companies, G&O programs - these are all just made up stuff you throw around to appear to know something. Problem is all your bullshit make believe stuff is not even that good that someone like me with very little knowledge about optics can see right thru it.

Hang around here and see the quality difference between your bullshit stories and Bobby Tomsk real expertise.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess again there sport. You did get two things right though, in all that libtard ranting....

Bobby T is a good guy
You know very little about optics.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
As a user, who have used practically every major manufacturers scopes.

Leopold are my number one make.

Both for hunting and target.

Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski etc are very good, but they make them ridiculously complicated.

As for anything from Blaser, they can bloody well keep it!

I wouldn’t touch it with barge pole! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

JGRaider:

What is the point of insulting him like this? I am no Blaser fan - personally, I agree with you about Blaser scopes and in particular, that you can't beat Nightforce. But inferring Mike is a wealthy duffus that doesn't know what he is doing is a bit much given that you have never hunted with him.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike's a dumbass. Go read his BS in the political forums and you'll agree.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bobby T is a good guy + very knowledgeable on optics. We have done business in the past.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blaser builds rifles and now shotguns.
They are not an optics company!
I hope this purchase works out well for you.

I do like the rail mounting system and wish americans would get on board with that.

Saeed, Luepold used to be a good optics company but not so much anymore.

Respectfully, just my opinion.

Posts: 154 | Location: N. Texas | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote