Find
Notify
Tools

Used High End Binoculars
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Folks

Within a few weeks I hope to buy new glass, either 8x42 or 10x42 rangefinding.

As per usual I'm trying to extend a beer budget to champagne tastes, but I'm determined to get into something in the class of the Swaro EL range or Leica Geovids. I think my ideal would be second generation 8x42 Geovids.

Despite a fairly extensive web search I can't find any sites offering a selection of used high end bino's - is this because I'm not looking in the right places (if so do you have suggestions) or do they seldom come up ??

Thanks

Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
www.cameralandny.com

Check their Demo models - they often have a great selection. Please note: often the demo models have a reduce warranty in lieu of their reduced price.

I've purchased quite a few demo scopes and bin's from them. GREAT company to work with.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i can't remember the name, but there is a mail order place in ca that deals in them. check the classifieds here also, they do come up frequently

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TM
I would not go with the range finding model....keep it separate range finding bino s are HEAVEY, plus if you read the fine print the warranty on the electronics is pretty limited

go for a lieca 10x42/50 and a lieca range finger with the inbuilt angle correction...they are magic ...I think there the crf 1000R and I think you will be a lot happier...I just got back from NZ and used some ziess 10x45 RF binos they were great, practical but heavey

Have a chat with Doug at Camera land his demo models are great...like new , and he s pretty good to deal with him.....I have bought over $10,000 worth of bino s scopes from him and never an issue

I just recently bought some lieca 10x50 s HD S they are just magic
have also got some 10x32 HDs very light and great little hunting bino
Daniel

Posts: 1476 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leicas preowned warranty is abysmal compared to Swaro, Zeiss, Meopta, Leupold. Unless it is a demo from a reatialer, a preowned Leica has zero warranty. I also like the separate RF/bino idea personally.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
eBay would be an option for used optics.

Posts: 10136 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote