New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski Z6, 1-6x24 EE comments ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any comments / experiences regarding the Swarovski Z6, 1-6x24 EE ? I am considering one of these with a #4 reticle. I posted this over on 24hr also, looking for some feedback.
Thanks.

--spelling edit--

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really love mine. Same set up as you are thinking of. I put one on my 416 Rigby after I really got worried about scope kisses with a Kahles 1.1-4.

The clarity is excellent, the light gathering is good, and I found the adjustments to be repeatable. I liked it so much I brought a second for my .375 H&H.

The only down side is its a pretty big scope (30mm tube) and the $$$.

If you are looking at a less kicking gun, the Z6 1.7-10 is pretty good too.

Posts: 10597 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. And, the Z6-EE would actually be replacing a Kahles 1.1x4 on a fairly light weight 375 Ruger. I have a few Kahles 30mm 1.1-4's and 1.5-6x42's,and think they are excellent scopes,IMO right there with the Zeiss Victory. But, I am wanting a bit more eye relief and the Z6-EE seems to fit the bill.

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one on a 375 Flanged SXS, and will be putting them on a 416 Rigby and 505 Gibbs that are being built. The clarity is excellent for my aging eyes and the eye releif is around 4.75 inches. The illuminated reticle is also a nice feature and I buy Swarofski products for hunting and use Nightforce for tactical applications. Like both lines of scopes.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked at the standard 1-6x24 and the 1-6x24 EE and felt like I was giving up a lot of FOV for the extra eye-relief. At 1x it feels like you can see behind your ears.

I bought the Z6i with the illuminated circle-dot reticle and it will be going on either a 9.3x62mm Blaser R93 or a Heym 9.3x74R O/U.

If I had a big kicking rifle I might have picked the EE version.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
470drshooter:
I share the aging eyes syndrome. The more they age the more I appreciate optical quality. The fast focus type occulars and etched reticles are almost a neccessity. It has progressed to the point that I am afraid that I will complete unscrew the ocular on standard screw and lock nut type,prior to having a focused reticle. And most of my iron sights are for decoration, without a pair of 1x reading glasses. Distance vision still seems to be fine, reading requires 1.75x. The NF scopes do seem to be hell for tough.
----------------------------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by 470drshooter:
I have one on a 375 Flanged SXS, and will be putting them on a 416 Rigby and 505 Gibbs that are being built. The clarity is excellent for my aging eyes and the eye releif is around 4.75 inches. The illuminated reticle is also a nice feature and I buy Swarofski products for hunting and use Nightforce for tactical applications. Like both lines of scopes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DB Bill:
From the specs. I have the EE's FOV is 100.5 / 16.2 and the standard one is 127.5 / 20.4. I too like wide FOV, but I think the 100' will be ample. I am going to stick with non-illuminated reticle. My favorite reticle is the 1st focal plane Zeiss Victory #4.
-----------------------------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
I looked at the standard 1-6x24 and the 1-6x24 EE and felt like I was giving up a lot of FOV for the extra eye-relief. At 1x it feels like you can see behind your ears.

I bought the Z6i with the illuminated circle-dot reticle and it will be going on either a 9.3x62mm Blaser R93 or a Heym 9.3x74R O/U.

If I had a big kicking rifle I might have picked the EE version.

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
The best scope on the market!
Take it with the SR-rail system - bombproof! and I would take it with the illuminated CD-I reticle for anything dangerous to hunt - the 4a reticle is a bit too thin for DG hunting for my favour!

The other question is: do you realy need the EE edition with the extra eye relief? If not: the standard edition has a much bigger field of view - so if it is not a hard bumper You put the scope on, I would take the standard editiion instead and having the advantage of the bigger field of view !!!

If You have more questions: drop me an email

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only problem with the SR Rail system is that the "magnum" version of the mount adaptors aren't available in the US, nor are the Ruger or Sako adaptors. All I've been able to find are the std. rail adaptors.

Scubaro, Maybe you can tell me what the differences are between the "magnum" and the std versions of the adaptors. Do the Magnum adaptors have notches for the rail bottom on both mounts? Or do they also just have them on one of them like the std. versions? Are the Sako and Ruger adaptors readily available in Germany?.........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
I haven´t seen different adaptors for the SR-rail so far - please give me a link or more information.

The SR-rail works on small teeth basicly, so there won´t be any difference for which gun You will use - they must all show the same opposite relief in any scope mount. The question will be more: on which gun do you want to put it.

Yep, about 95% of all guns could be equiped here in Germany - tell me which gun and I will show You a solution for a scope mount...
And if there is any scope mount on the market, I will be able to get it for You.

For the Ruger 77 it will be hard - the only idea I have is to build my own on a Titanium Scope Mount basis as I did with my first hunting rifle years ago:

http://www.titanium-gunworks.c...um-scope-mounts.html

(Drop me an email - that´s the fastest way)

Klaus

www.titanium-gunworks.de

one of us
posted Hide Post
The rail-mount adaptors that are available here in the US are all for Weaver or Picatinny style bases. On the std. adaptors they only have teeth on one of the base adaptors.
I have an extra SR scope and thought about mounting it on a Ruger or a Sako but the adaptors aren't available..........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Send me your data for Your Sako and I am sure I will find a solution

Klaus

www.titanium-gunworks.de

one of us
posted Hide Post
You would think the difference between 100' and 127' FOV wouldn't be much but it's 27% more and when you look at the 2 scopes side-by-side the difference jumps out at you.

Don't get me wrong, 100' FOV is quite a bit.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote