New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scopechief questions?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Would someone give me a little history and their opinion on the Scopechief? I'm considering a couple as backups for my 30-06 and 7x57.

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, I’ll be the idiot that asks.......What is a Scopechief???

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
it was bushnells top of the line scope until the elites came out.

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never can keep up with all these silly names companies stick on their scopes.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Captain David,

I have one on the Husqvarna 30-06 my dad's left in my safekeeping since moving into a retirement condo. I thought I'd "inherited" all these guns, but he took back the CD Auto 5 clone after I detail cleaned it and it started working again, LOL!

It isn't the clearest scope in the world, but it was purchased in the 1950's or very early 1960's, and it still works. That makes it pretty good in my opinion. It's a fixed power 4x. Very lightweight. Good fit for a short-barreled, lightweight Husky, too.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skl1:
It isn't the clearest scope in the world, but it was purchased in the 1950's or very early 1960's, and it still works. That makes it pretty good in my opinion.Steve

I agree with his assesment.

I have a "Scope Chief II" on an old Rem 740 30-‘06 and it is a decent scope for an oldie.
There used to be replacement "wheels" that could be purchased for different cartridges that would adjust for drop (if yours has that feature) so you could “dial in“ your bullet trajectory for different ranges; 100 yards, 200 yards etc. (They are marked on top: 30-06, 243, 308 etc.)
Kind of a neat feature that is now being reintroduced. Just like everything else, what’s old is new again.

Overall not a bad scope and I’m not going to replace it just because it’s old.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote