New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sightron Replacement Warranty #1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I own (6) Sightron Scopes for my hunting rifles...

I returned my Sightron S1 3-9x40 scope under warranty several days ago and they sent me a brand new one.

The scope always held zero on my 308 Winchester but it had a leak of some sort near the 1" tube and the objective cap. It was like white grease or something, I received it like that when I first opened the box 1 year ago...I kept wiping it off and putting it back into the safe and finally I said I'm going to return it to see how good their C/S and Warranty Dept. is.

Well per their instructions in the owners manual I sent off a $7.50 check for shipping & handling to get it replaced. But, 7 days later I recieve a new scope and a voided check!

I am more than pleased with their customer service...

I want you to know you can buy Sightron with confidence if you are so inclined to...

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
What would you say a sightron comparable to? Do you have any SII's or Big Sky's? Your account of their customer support has me intrigued.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several S2 3-9x42mm also....I like both the S1 & S2 in that magnification...

The only other brand I have is (2) Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 Scope.

Compared to my Burris I say equal to much better...My son says they are about equal and I say they are much better...

I purchased Sightron because of all the good reviews on this and other forums...

Do a SEARCH on Sightron, I think you would be pleasantly surprised...

Again, I'm not implying that these are superior to European Scopes but for alot of $$$'s less they fit the bill for a good hunting scope for the average Joe like me....Put it this way,,, I have 14 brand new hunting rifles that I purchased in the past year and 12 of them wear Sightron Scopes...

IMO I didn't buy a low-end scope, nor did I buy a high-end scope...

I bought a GOOD VALUE SCOPE for my money...

I got more for my money in my opinion...

They are well-built and tough, they have taken some knocks with no problems, if you ever develop problems they have a terrific no questions asked replacement warranty...You can't beat this for the money you spend!

Good luck, and check them out...

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
Sightron has very decent glass for the money. I have severa; S II's and one S I that's mounted on a 50 cal muzzle loader. has kept POI for 4 yrs now. The following was shot thru an SII 6x24 at 16x at a measured 100 yd bench. the rifle is a factory Remington 700 etronx in 22-250 with no mods other than the scope.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote