Find
Notify
Tools

Burris/Leupold Ring Question?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted
Burris measure ring height from the base of the ring to the inside botton of the ring. Leupold measures from the base of the ring to the middle of the ring. Question; How does Leupold compare using the Burris measurement for low and medium height rings? I have medium Burris and want to know which Leupold is the closest. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm. . . . . let's see now. If one measures from the base to the bottom of the scope tube and the other one measures from the base to the middle of the scope tube and the scope tube is 1 inch, then the difference in the two measurments is ???? Damn, this math is hard! Can anybody out there tell me what half of 1 is?

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leo M:
Burris measure ring height from the base of the ring to the inside botton of the ring. Leupold measures from the base of the ring to the middle of the ring. Question; How does Leupold compare using the Burris measurement for low and medium height rings? I have medium Burris and want to know which Leupold is the closest. Thanks for any help.

Measure your Burris rings the same way as Leupold measures their rings and then look for that measurement, or the closest to it, on the Leupold web site. If you don’t want to go to that trouble, then call Leupold and and ask which of their rings is closest to the Burris rings you have.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed. I called Luepold and they told me to subtract 500 thou from their ring height. Somedays I can't see the forest for the trees. BTW the rings are exactly the same height. Thanks people.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote