First Schmidt Bender
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.eurooptic.com/schm...ted-rifle-scope.aspx

Very impressed

First focal plane
German made

It was $1k when I bought 2 less than a week ago. Got a few of my friends to buy another 1/2 dozen.

Another blaser 58mm scope also designed by Mr. Bender and I am done with illuminated scopes.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
So THAT'S what happened to all of them haha! Big Grin

In all seriousness, congrats on the purchase. That is a fantastic scope, and the L3 reticle is terrific in the lowest of light. That sale price made them almost impossible to resist. I thought about pulling the trigger on one but simply could not justify it as I am all scoped up right now.

As the one below proves, it takes only a sliver of a moon to produce enough light for the S&B Klassik 3-12x50 to work its magic.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
So THAT'S what happened to all of them haha! Big Grin

In all seriousness, congrats on the purchase. That is a fantastic scope, and the L3 reticle is terrific in the lowest of light. That sale price made them almost impossible to resist. I thought about pulling the trigger on one but simply could not justify it as I am all scoped up right now.

As the one below proves, it takes only a sliver of a moon to produce enough light for the S&B Klassik 3-12x50 to work its magic.

Thanks for the info Bobby. I was holding out for another Blaser scope but they are 4x the cost.

These will be perfect for South Carolina and Kansas hunting.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, now you can see your misses as clear as a bell! :-)

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No doubt the S&B’s give a great view to my eyes. They also seem to be Very well constructed.
The Zenith 1.1-4x24mm with the FD7 is a favorite scope. But, the retail prices now are rather shocking to the system.

I also like very much the 1.5-8x42mm Stratos with FD4, after I had the illumination control changed to the standard rotary dial. With said illumination control modification, these are my top contender for an all-around illuminated scope.

I had that modification done and reticle changed to FD4 on a 1.5-5x24mm Stratos also. I now like it Almost as much as the Zenith 1.1-4x24 with the FD7. Interestingly the 1.5-5 Stratos had a FD7 that sucked for me, compared to the FD7 in the 1.1-4x24 Zenith.

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
https://www.eurooptic.com/schm...ted-rifle-scope.aspx

Very impressed

First focal plane
German made

It was $1k when I bought 2 less than a week ago. Got a few of my friends to buy another 1/2 dozen.

Another blaser 58mm scope also designed by Mr. Bender and I am done with illuminated scopes.

Mike

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot it side by side with a Swarovski z5 and I thought the S&B was a better scope and better glass.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby/Mike,

What is your opinion on the eye relief of these scopes?

Posts: 376 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MD375:
Bobby/Mike,

Seems as good as my Swarovski Z5. I prefer this scope to my Z5. Now I wish I had bought 1/2 dozen.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Bobby/Mike,

Seems as good as my Swarovski Z5. I prefer this scope to my Z5. Now I wish I had bought 1/2 dozen.

Mike

Thanks Mike!

Just ordered one with the ASV turret and illuminated reticle, they were on special for about 1100$ which is a great price on this side of the pond.

Posts: 376 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bobby/Mike,

Mike

Thanks Mike!

Just ordered one with the ASV turret and illuminated reticle, they were on special for about 1100$ which is a great price on this side of the pond.

a very good scope and a very reasonable price.

if you don’t like it and can get it to us you will have a bid from me at the price you bought it.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bobby/Mike,

Mike

Thanks Mike!

a very good scope and a very reasonable price.

if you don’t like it and can get it to us you will have a bid from me at the price you bought it.

Mike

I received the scope two days ago, set it up on my 6.5 creed at the range, then used it to shoot a bushpig last night. The optics were incredible at dark!