https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1421043/m/3401081562

25 March 2021, 08:34
Beretta682E
First Schmidt Bender
https://www.eurooptic.com/schm...ted-rifle-scope.aspx

Very impressed

First focal plane
German made

It was $1k when I bought 2 less than a week ago. Got a few of my friends to buy another 1/2 dozen.

Another blaser 58mm scope also designed by Mr. Bender and I am done with illuminated scopes.

Mike
25 March 2021, 09:07
Bobby Tomek
So THAT'S what happened to all of them haha! Big Grin

In all seriousness, congrats on the purchase. That is a fantastic scope, and the L3 reticle is terrific in the lowest of light. That sale price made them almost impossible to resist. I thought about pulling the trigger on one but simply could not justify it as I am all scoped up right now.

As the one below proves, it takes only a sliver of a moon to produce enough light for the S&B Klassik 3-12x50 to work its magic.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

25 March 2021, 09:23
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
So THAT'S what happened to all of them haha! Big Grin

In all seriousness, congrats on the purchase. That is a fantastic scope, and the L3 reticle is terrific in the lowest of light. That sale price made them almost impossible to resist. I thought about pulling the trigger on one but simply could not justify it as I am all scoped up right now.

As the one below proves, it takes only a sliver of a moon to produce enough light for the S&B Klassik 3-12x50 to work its magic.

Thanks for the info Bobby. I was holding out for another Blaser scope but they are 4x the cost.

These will be perfect for South Carolina and Kansas hunting.

Mike
28 March 2021, 04:41
Biebs
Mike, now you can see your misses as clear as a bell! :-)
10 April 2021, 22:08
ldmay375
No doubt the S&B’s give a great view to my eyes. They also seem to be Very well constructed.
The Zenith 1.1-4x24mm with the FD7 is a favorite scope. But, the retail prices now are rather shocking to the system.

I also like very much the 1.5-8x42mm Stratos with FD4, after I had the illumination control changed to the standard rotary dial. With said illumination control modification, these are my top contender for an all-around illuminated scope.

I had that modification done and reticle changed to FD4 on a 1.5-5x24mm Stratos also. I now like it Almost as much as the Zenith 1.1-4x24 with the FD7. Interestingly the 1.5-5 Stratos had a FD7 that sucked for me, compared to the FD7 in the 1.1-4x24 Zenith.

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
https://www.eurooptic.com/schm...ted-rifle-scope.aspx

Very impressed

First focal plane
German made

It was $1k when I bought 2 less than a week ago. Got a few of my friends to buy another 1/2 dozen.

Another blaser 58mm scope also designed by Mr. Bender and I am done with illuminated scopes.

Mike

24 April 2021, 07:42
Beretta682E
Shot it side by side with a Swarovski z5 and I thought the S&B was a better scope and better glass.

Mike
25 April 2021, 01:48
MD375
Bobby/Mike,

What is your opinion on the eye relief of these scopes?
28 April 2021, 04:25
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by MD375:
Bobby/Mike,

Seems as good as my Swarovski Z5. I prefer this scope to my Z5. Now I wish I had bought 1/2 dozen.

Mike
07 May 2021, 21:20
MD375
quote:
quote:
Bobby/Mike,

Seems as good as my Swarovski Z5. I prefer this scope to my Z5. Now I wish I had bought 1/2 dozen.

Mike

Thanks Mike!

Just ordered one with the ASV turret and illuminated reticle, they were on special for about 1100$ which is a great price on this side of the pond.
09 May 2021, 01:29
Beretta682E
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bobby/Mike,

Mike

Thanks Mike!

Just ordered one with the ASV turret and illuminated reticle, they were on special for about 1100$ which is a great price on this side of the pond.

a very good scope and a very reasonable price.

if you don’t like it and can get it to us you will have a bid from me at the price you bought it.

Mike
12 May 2021, 21:46
MD375
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bobby/Mike,

Mike

Thanks Mike!

a very good scope and a very reasonable price.

if you don’t like it and can get it to us you will have a bid from me at the price you bought it.

Mike

I received the scope two days ago, set it up on my 6.5 creed at the range, then used it to shoot a bushpig last night. The optics were incredible at dark!