THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement for Eotech holographic sight.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted
the corrosive gases from the battery, has disabled my site for the second time and dealing with the Eotech people is has been met with arrogant indifference.
Any suggestions sure would be appreciated.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arkypete:
the corrosive gases from the battery, has disabled my site for the second time and dealing with the Eotech people is has been met with arrogant indifference.
Any suggestions sure would be appreciated.

Hundreds of reloaders and firearms tinkers on this site. Few if any open a sealed complex system like a rifle scope/holographic/red dot sight. Sucks that eotech won’t stand by their product. They should.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All batteries are not the same when they fail or go dead, so it seems. I have had to throw away a number of Mag Lights due to leaked batteries. The common denominator? DuraCell batteries!!

Every damn time. I have gone to Fenix lights for just about everything these days. I contacted Fenix with a question and they told me they had more problems with DuraCell batteries than any other. They strongly recommended not to use them. I completely agree and have stopped using them on gun lights, scopes and hand held lights.

Just a heads up. Good luck.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Use Energizer Lithium Ultimate. Never ever any problem. As I am dealing with special technics in my work, I know what I am talking about.

Using cheap "Walmart stuff" in expensive equipment is nonsense to me. And storing it for long period of time with time bomb clicking inside is a complete nonsense.

I will never ever blame weapon sight or night vision or whatever manufacturer for damage caused by leaked batteries. It is just user fault.

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Holosun red dot sight with the solar collector and battery backup. They seem to be very rugged, and elimate the battery problem.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I hate widgets that need batteries when others exist that don't. I would think in terms of ghost-ring peeps or small scopes, esp. if you can find an old one without an articulated erector tube (also likely to let you down).

Posts: 4915 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
Use Energizer Lithium Ultimate. Never ever any problem. As I am dealing with special technics in my work, I know what I am talking about.

Just picked up a new Garmin ETrex 32 and the idiot directions recommended not to use Lithium Batteries as their voltage may be to high I prefere Lithium especially in the cold climes that I operate this GPS
Have been looking for battery tolerances in the op specs but yet no luck

Jiri

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote