New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol red dots
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going to be transitioning a number of my pistols to red dots.

I have bought

Trijicon sro & rmr
Leopold delta
Sig
Holosun

Anyone use an aim point acro.

I have not installed the delta point yet and will sometime in December.

I really like the Tirjicon sro 2.5 moa and rmr 6 moa.

It’s amazing how much better I shoot with red dots. Also great to practice dry firing with.

Looks like sro are in real short supply. I like the sro the best.

Anyone like any other pistol red dots.

I am going to buy 6-8 of my final choice for all the remaining guns.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in the same mode. I am seriously looking at Holosun. What mounting system will you age using? My first project will be a S&W 629.

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lawdog:
I am in the same mode. I am seriously looking at Holosun. What mounting system will you age using? My first project will be a S&W 629.

I have a sro and rmr mounted on vp9 using the HK trijicon plate - I bought a bunch of trijicon and Leopoldo plates -$30 each. Before latest production they were selling for $300 on eBay.

Using p320 x five plates for holosun.

Direct mount in p320 x carry.

I am thinking of buying some c&h plates for Glock 22 gen 5. https://chpws.com/product/v4-m...-v2-508t-and-508t-v2

There are some good deals on rmr and Leupold red dots $350-$450 price range.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently installed a Holosun HE507C-GR, green dot on my 577NE rifle. I like it. I can see the dot well and it's perfectly clear when I wear my rose coloured shooting glasses. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After buying a bunch of red dots and mounting them on some H&K VP9s, CZ P10 F and SiG P320X-five. What I have observed

I like a bigger sight picture so I like the trijicon SRO and Leupold Delta Pro.

I like 2.5-5/6 MOA reticle.

The plate mounting system matters and one is better off spending $50-$100 to buy the right plate. Most free oem ones suck - ie glock. Pay up for the mounting plate.

I don’t like co-witnessing iron sights. Too much stuff in the window especially if you have illuminated iron sights.

I am going to mount the smaller window trijicon rmr on my glock 22 gen 5.

I plan to cut a some glock 20 and 21 for red dots.

These red dots significantly improve my performance. Can easily shoot 25 plus yards. Even 50 yards.

Becomes difficult to justify buying expensive nighthawks, Wilson, korth or any other high end gun that you cannot mount a red dot on (they all make models to mount red dots).

Individual high quality red dots can be bought for around $350 (what I paid for leupold) and up to $500 (trijicon sro). I think it’s well worth it.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have UltraDots on my .500 S&W and FA .475 Linebaugh. They stand up to the recoil. I'm able to take game to 100-125 yds. with them. I have no complaints.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 249 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Of the handful I have shot, I liked the Holosun 507C by far the best. Was surprised at how disappointing the Leupold turned out to be.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Of the handful I have shot, I liked the Holosun 507C by far the best. Was surprised at how disappointing the Leupold turned out to be.

I have been buying Leupold delta pro cause I can get demo models for $350 ish versus $500 plus for trijicon. I like the big window on the leupold and they are military use rated.

Holson has multiple reticles which is very cool.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I have a fastfire on a 9mm/38Sup 1911 and a Marvel 22 1911 works fine.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went pistol shooting with another ar member at my range today.

Just before Covid we had also gone and shot pistols

This time most guns had red dots.

The last time around we could barely hit anything on paper.

This time around everything was within 2-3 inches.

Guns were HK,cz,fn, glocks.

It is amazing how much more effective pistols are with red dots.

Mike