Find
Notify
Tools

Place to buy Riflescopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
Besides SWFA, Riflescopes.com, Bearbasin, europtic, opticsplanet, Midway, Cabelas, Bass Proshop, .....Any Place to buy European riflescopes (preferable shotshow samples etc...)?
There are few items in classifies, and less in those places like swfa, except for new or few models too much expensive, few years ago I found many many models and good prices than today: Many Thanks Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug at Cameraland New York gets my vote! Having said, optics have really taken a jump in price the last few years and most manufacturers have MAP (minimum advertised price) policies, so you're not likely to find too many great deals. You may also run into difficulty finding someone to ship to your location, but a phone call or email is all it would take to find out.

gr8fuldoug@aol.com
www.cameralandny.com
212-753-5128

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second Buster's recommendation...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug and cameralandny are A+ But check out the theopticzone.com also.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, bring the scopes is not at problem, many hunters visit my country during the roar season and those gentlemen offers me get it into Argentina any time, Kind Regards Guille.

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug at Cameraland is HIGHLY recommended. He does have some incredible deals on ShotShow samples, closeouts and the like. For example I bought a Swarovski 1.5-6x42 PH SR for $729 NEW!

Plus their service is top notch. We've also bought quite a bit of Camera equipment through them and Doug's brother Joel.

There was a post in classifieds you might search for that had a list of some of his closeouts. Or even better just PM Doug and ask him for the list or what you were looking for in particular.

I'm not connected with them in any way other than being a very happy long term customer of thiers...............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumbThanks, I will take a look wave.G.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Natchez Shooting supplies always has some good deals.http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 104 | Location: TN | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
When I don't buy USO ------ always call Doug at Camera Land!!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, thanks !!! I will contact Doug, and I will ask for a sample list or gave to him my wish list waiting for some Shotshow 2010 samples. Thanks again. Guillermo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to Doug's swarovski demo list:

http://www.cameralandny.com/demos-swarovski.html

Here's the zeiss one:

http://www.cameralandny.com/demos-zeiss.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boltman:
Here's the link to Doug's swarovski demo list:
http://www.cameralandny.com/demos-swarovski.html
Here's the zeiss one:
http://www.cameralandny.com/demos-zeiss.html

thumb Smiler GUILLE

posted Hide Post
Cameraland NY will not send send Rifle scopes to a lot of countries, New Zealand and Australia included, The opticzone, Optics planet and Blue Bazooka will, I have bought binocs and spotting scopes off Doug but he will not send scopes, dont know why when his competitors will but I guess its his own choice Confused

Jeff.

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
And scopecity is another place to stay away from. They will not estimate postage till after the order is placed and it turned out to be twice the cost quoted by others. Then they would not answer emails over a faulty 1200 Leica. Eventually had it replaced by head offoce in Germany. Blue bazooka, optics planet and optics zone are good. Cameraland, I found difficult to deal with.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is our pleasure working with everyone. The US Dept of Commerce has all types of regulations and whatnot on exporting riflescopes. Believe me, we would love to say yes and ship scopes outside the USA. A year or so ago (you can google this) Cabelas got hit with a $682,000.00 ( could be off by a couple of thousand, however, that # is what I recall) fine for exporting riflescopes. I can honestly tell you, that would put us out of business. There is an old saying "Is the juice worth the squeeze" That type of squeeze we cannot handle. We do ship binoculars and spotting scopes and will work with our international clients to insure safe and prompt delivery.
Happy Holidays

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3645 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glogin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gr8fuldoug:
It is our pleasure working with everyone. The US Dept of Commerce has all types of regulations and whatnot on exporting riflescopes. Believe me, we would love to say yes and ship scopes outside the USA. A year or so ago (you can google this) Cabelas got hit with a $682,000.00 ( could be off by a couple of thousand, however, that # is what I recall) fine for exporting riflescopes. I can honestly tell you, that would put us out of business. There is an old saying "Is the juice worth the squeeze" That type of squeeze we cannot handle. We do ship binoculars and spotting scopes and will work with our international clients to insure safe and prompt delivery.
Happy Holidays

I think there is a list of countries you are not allowed to sell scopes to. That is why many other businesses do sell and ship outside the US.
I once bought Minox binoculars from you and had it quickly delivered to the UK. Really good service, but I had to buy Zeiss Conquest scope from someone else...

Regards,
Greg

Posts: 30 | Location: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: 21 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
We don´t have any show samples, but we ship scopes worldwide...

www.titanium-gunworks.com

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote