Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone dealt with Leica for a scope repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need to spend a ER5 back to Leica.

The variable magnification dial is malfunctioning.

Anyone have a good or experience with Leica?

I tried calling them but no luck. Left a voicemail.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leica warranty flat out sucked for me on a rangefinder. My hunting buddy had the same experience with their warranty on his Geovids.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Up until 3 or 4 years ago Leica customer service was quite lacking, however, they totally revamped it about 3 years ago and now it is as high quality and responsive as Swarovski. No issues any more with Leica's CS.

Please feel free to give us a call (whether you bought from us or somewhere else) and we will assist.
Doug
516-217-1000

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3641 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gr8fuldoug:
Up until 3 or 4 years ago Leica customer service was quite lacking, however, they totally revamped it about 3 years ago and now it is as high quality and responsive as Swarovski. No issues any more with Leica's CS.

Please feel free to give us a call (whether you bought from us or somewhere else) and we will assist.
Doug
516-217-1000

That is great news to hear and good on you Doug for offering to help!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had no Problems when I had to repair my Leica Rangefinder. The dealing with Leica Portugal was very Good and Fair.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I was going to recommend you call Doug - he beat me to it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gr8fuldoug:

Doug
516-217-1000

Doug

I got a call back from Leica but it was at 9:30 am when markets open and I didn’t answer the call on my cell.

I left a voicemail.

If I cannot get thru to them - I will reach out to you.

I will be calling you regardless in next few weeks for some Swarovski Z5 scopes.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug,
who would you recommend as to just cleaning a pair of Leicas, would prefer locally or within the USA.
Ray

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Doug,
who would you recommend as to just cleaning a pair of Leicas, would prefer locally or within the USA.
Ray

Leica in NJ

1-800-222-0118

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3641 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Atkinson:
Doug,
Ray[/QUOTE

Have you contacted them yet? How old are they?