THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Simmons Master Series - personal experience ??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simmons Master Series - personal experience ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have personal experience yet with the Simmons Master Series scopes ?

Hammer

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on which of the Master Series scopes you are talking about. I have seen a few posts of the cheaper models being tried out with mixed results. If you are looking for the top of the line side focus Aetec Master in 4-14x44, you are probably out of luck. Consensus opinion appears to be that they are not available yet, and a few of us are beginning to doubt if they ever will be. On the other hand, my new Nikon Buckmark 4-14x40 looks pretty good. Have to wait and see how it shoots.

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm curious about the Simmons Master Prohunter in a 3-9x40 matte finish. You can find it on ebay for $100 plus delivery (around $10). I haven't read much on it.

My first choice is the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 matte finish. You can also find them on ebay for $160 + delivery.

Can anyone offer any opinion on these scopes?

Thanks in advance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go with the Burris. IMHO, the FFII is the best scope on the market in the $200 and under category.

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote