Find
Notify
Tools

Bought "new" scope from Austria
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
More than a month ago I decided to buy IOR Crusader scope. I found it at Austrian eshop here: https://www.waffentuning.at/in...earch=Ior%20crusader

I received item today. It shows ring marks (already mounted) and also some debris in sight picture. I am going to send it back.

What do you think about it?

Jiri

Ring marks:

Debris, hard to take photo by cellphone:

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO, there are two issues.
1. Was the scope sold as a used scope or new?
2. Does the scope carry a warranty for the defect?

If it was sold as new then there is no question what I would do, send it back or ask for a substantial discount if I could live with the ring marks AND have a warranty to claim the defect ((debris).
That could make it a great buy !
BB

Posts: 391 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Honestly I don't care about ring marks at all, but I can't live with debris. Also debris could be the result of over tightening rings, excessive force to lenses and detached coating.

Yes, it was sold as new. In EU, we can return goods in 14 days, if bought via eshop. Will do it.

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
So far so good:

They will provided new one and:

"We are very sorry for that. We are already working on the new one and are in contact with IOR. As compensation for the trouble we would offer you a special discount if you also need something else from our shop. We didnt check the scope before we shipped it. Sorry for the problems."

Looks like seller is the good one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had debris like that show up in a scope on a large bore rifle and a large bore handgun. Always on the back of the eye piece.

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would return it. The IOR's I have owned (models from some years ago) almost had a painted type of finish which is quite soft and left ringmarks easily, so this may not be from true overtightening, but it would nevertheless be unacceptable to me if sold as "new".

I am not familiar with the "Crusader" line but the glass of mine were (are) great so when you get it replaced I am sure you will enjoy it. I also found mine to be repeatable and with probably of the best tactile clicks I've ever had on scopes (different brands) and very robust... aside from the finish.

Posts: 688 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
So far so good:

They will provided new one and:

"We are very sorry for that. We are already working on the new one and are in contact with IOR. As compensation for the trouble we would offer you a special discount if you also need something else from our shop. We didnt check the scope before we shipped it. Sorry for the problems."

Looks like seller is the good one.

Austrian companies are generally fabulous!

A German friend of mine has a joke about the difference between Austrians, Germans and the Swiss.

Austrian's are just like the Germans except the Austrians have a lot more money. Swiss are just like the Austrians and Germans except the Swiss have even more money.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Update:

Now the scope is returned to seller. So now I have neither scope nor money Big Grin

But I believe he will send me new scope as soon as he get it from manufacturer.

I ordered from this reseller because I like first generation of Crusader more than new second gen. at he had 1st gen on stock. Hope he will not send me "better" 2nd gen.

Here is the comparison: https://youtu.be/9LZmOz8gCEY

Jiri