Find
Notify
Tools

Turret Covers/Locks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I have 2 Leupold VX2 3-9x33 CDS scopes. The turrets do not have the newer locking buttons on them. And the Leupold Custom shop is closed - I asked them if they could send me to locking MOA dials.

Are there are aftermarket options available? For my 300 Blackout bolt action that has the same issue with a Nikon scope I wrap it self-adhering Kryptek patterned first aid wrap. Yeah, someone actually makes that!

But it’s not a slick as something designed to snap around the caps and hold them down. I could see if I could have someone 3D print print something that could snap on/off.

The scope turret gets turned every so often when I walking with the scope. Usually 1 or 2 MOA either side of zero. Usually. Last week it managed to do a complete rotation - which I thought was only a 1-2 MOA off, not 15 MOA! Luckily, I only missed/wounded two wild hogs and not a deer.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote